And Its a Grand Finale

At the initial phase, when I choose this course i really don’t have any idea about the main motive of this course. I have no idea that we have to post blog here. Before this class i always read the blog of others but when I get to know that we have to write blog here I was very excited. One of the key advantages of blogging is that it enables people and institutions to have an online presence and communicate their views, ideas, andImage result for online bleneded learning knowledge with a large audience. Blog writers can get new readers and followers, establish themselves as thought leaders in their industry, and develop a devoted readership by writing and posting high-quality blog entries. A blog gives both individuals and companies the chance to interact with their audience and develop partnerships. Bloggers can engage with their audience and gradually develop trust and credibility by sharing their personal stories, observations, and opinions. As a result, readers may become more engaged, share content more frequently, and leave more comments on social media.

To begin with the class, I write my first blog by introducing my self. which I really enjoyed because while writing I get to know my self a bit more. Then in the next week I wrote about the blended learning. It is the educational approach of blending digital learning resources with more conventional face-to-face instruction in the classroom is known as blended learning. Firstly, Blended learning improves involvement, increases communication via email or online, and gives teachers new opportunities to interact and relate to their students. Another prominent point is Blended learning offers a variety of educational forms, which not only serves to amuse and satisfy students but may also be a more efficient way for them to learn and Blended learning may be able to educate pupils more successfully than conventional face-to-face instruction. It is hoped that by introducing technology elements into their lessons, teachers would be able to influence the way their pupils approach writing.

Further in week 3, I learned about Course Profile in which I choose the topic of Understanding Geometrical Shape for grade 4 and I did this with my friend Shivali. This course will serve as a preparatory course for primary level students. Students will research and learn about geometrical shapes in my course. I want the pupils to have a thorough understanding of various geometrical shapes. Giving kids the chance to explore both regular and irregular shapes is essential for educators. The properties of 2D and 3D shapes as well as the relationship between body, structure, and function must be understood by teachers. Here, the course materials are chosen in accordance with the student’s grade. Pupils can also utilize pattern blocks to create patterns, practice rotating shapes, and sort different forms. Understanding patterns is essential for critical analysis, and it can help students connect seemingly unrelated concepts. In reality, geometry may provide excellent hands-on activities to maintain your young primary students’ interest. The basics of geometry are shapes and lines, which young pupils may comprehend with ease.

Image result for mind mapping

Then next, I learned about Mind Mapping which is also a Great Tool for Teachers and Students. Using a mind map as a brainstorming tool, our students may organize, track, and visually structure their ideas. Mind maps are diagrams with ideas branching off of one main idea or notion in order to organize information and synthesize thoughts. Choosing the subject for your mind map’s initial topic will be the first step. Write the primary topic down and place it in the mind map’s center. During the activity, we will go into more detail about this topic, broaden our students’ perspectives, and improve their capacity for logical thought.

Then in the next week we start writing about Overview of Geometrical 2D Shapes Area. Shivali and I, who are both math’s instructors, decided on the grade 4 math’s topic because we wanted to collaborate on a project that would be useful in their classrooms. When designing a course together, we had to take into account our individual teaching philosophies as well as our own strengths and weaknesses. We believe that as a team, we did a fantastic job creating a course that school-aged students will find intriguing. We believe that, as a team, we did an excellent job of creating an engaging course for the students. At the first phase in the process, we created the big picture and the course profile. components.

Eventually, we got our course evaluations back. First of all, we want to express our gratitude to the reviewers for their thorough and insightful analysis of our portfolio and insightful comments on our course profile. This course’s major objective is to stand out and be interesting in the way that an asynchronous module is put up for students to finish while also participating in other classroom activities. We use a range of tools in our classroom, such as Kahoot and Google Forms, to keep our students engaged in learning and make it easier for them to do so. Also, we are thinking about including extra activities like Menti meter. Also, we enjoy responding to each and every query from our reviewers.

Image result for student-teacher interaction

Next week we learned about student-teacher interaction. To begin with, It is imperative that teachers pay attention to their pupils’ opinions and ideas. They can gauge whether their students are grasping what is being taught by carefully listening, which will help them to grow in empathy and understanding for their charges. The way the teacher and students interact in the classroom affects learning and growth as well as classroom management. A strong teacher-student bond fosters a student’s cognitive, social, and emotional development as well as their mental health, according to the developmental perspective. Teachers must be able to interact with students and parents. Success in any education industry depends on effective communication skills. In this article, we discuss the importance of effective communication and some additional strategies teachers can use to be more effective when teaching and mentoring students. If students want to finish their education and later enter the workforce, they must be able to learn in a classroom environment. On the other hand, students must be able to understand and work with professors if they want an education that will help them achieve their academic, professional and personal goals.

The next step was to create a second portfolio on symmetrical and asymmetrical shapes, where we concentrated on detecting symmetrical 2-D shapes, constructing symmetrical 2-D shapes, and sketching one or more lines of symmetry in a 2-D shape. Our course profiles’ primary goals are to identify the traits of provided symmetrical and non-symmetrical 2-D shapes, A set of 2-D shapes can be categorized as symmetrical or non-symmetrical. Provide examples of symmetrical shapes observed in the environment and identify the line(s) of symmetry. Construct a symmetrical 2-D shape given half the shape and its line of symmetry.

Blended Learning… | CNIC

Finally we combined our both modules and then represent our course walk through in the form of a blog. The course’s final project, which explores numerous symmetrical and 2D shapes, will serve as a unifying theme for all the courses and exercises in the program. The program will also be related to Saskatchewan’s Grade 4 math standards. Google Classroom will include all lectures and exercises, including tutorial videos that can also be viewed on a YouTube playlist. This online and blended learning course has been really helpful to me, and I’ve never created a lesson plan using the Saskatchewan curriculum before. I have been challenging myself and going beyond my comfort zone. EC&I 834 has inspired me to put in more effort, pick up new talents, and use them in the real world.

Grand Finale: online blended learning – YouTube

Posted in EC&I 834, Uncategorized | 2 Comments

Course Walkthrough

It was a struggle for me to develop an online course at the start of EC&I 834. I had to decide on a target student audience, a course style and toolkit, content and objectives, evaluation methods, and generally the overall layout of a course prototype. A portion of Grade 4’s shape and space curriculum is the subject of my course prototype. The final project will serve as a unifying element for all the courses and activities in the course that explore various forms of symmetrical and 2D shapes. Also, the curriculum will relate to the mathematical requirements for Grade 4 in Saskatchewan. All lectures and exercises, including tutorial videos that can also be found on a YouTube playlist, will be found in Google Classroom. It has been quite beneficial for me to take this online and blended learning course, and this is the first time I’ve made a lesson plan using the Saskatchewan curriculum. I’ve been pushing myself to the limit and stepping outside of my comfort zone. I’ve been motivated by EC&I 834 to work more, learn new skills, and apply them in the real world.

I wrote multiple blog entries that detail different facets of the creation process. You can view them here:

Course profile: Understanding geometrical shapes (Grade 4)

Mind mapping: A great tool for teacher and students

FEEDBACK: AN OBJECTIVE EVALUATION OF YOUR WORK

Lesson plan 1

My first lesson plan was related to an overview of geometrical shapes Before the start of the first lecture, students are required to develop a Menti meter response for each of the following questions . Prior to the start of the first lecture, students are required to develop a response for each of the following questions:

1. What  did you understand by area?
    2. Did you have any idea, how we can find the area of 2D shapes?
    3. What is the  formula for finding area of a 2D shapes?
    4. Which one you choose a pizza of square shape with side 4 or pizza in circle shape with radius 4?
    5. Give some practical example , where you find it useful to find the area of 2D shapes?

I used a range of educational techniques, and interactive digital tools, and provide written and visual learning opportunities for students throughout our lessons. To complete a self-reflection activity, a google form test, or an assignment using a given rubric, students are required to use a formative or summative assessment technique for each module. Here is the video of Lesson plan 1

Shape and Space – YouTube

Lesson plan 2

In my course profile, I’ve talked about symmetrical shapes and lines of symmetry of 2-D shapes. I utilized Google Classroom and included worksheets, Kahoot activities, and videos from YouTube. I use a variety of teaching techniques, interactive digital tools, and opportunities for textual and visual learning in all of my classes. For example, I introduced a jam board and Kahoot exercises in my course which help them to assess the students. Here is the video of my second lesson plan.

What are the symmetrical and asymmetrical shapes? – YouTube

Final walkthrough of my course prototype

Wakk through shape and space then symmetrical and asymmetrical – YouTube

Posted in EC&I 834 | 2 Comments

Symmetrical and Asymmetrical shapes ( Module 2)

This video represents my second lesson plan. In my course profile, I’ve talked about symmetrical shapes, asymmetrical shapes  and lines of symmetry of 2-D shapes. I utilized Google Classroom and included worksheets, Kahoot activities, and videos from YouTube. I use a variety of teaching techniques, interactive digital tools, and opportunities for textual and visual learning in all of my classes. For example, I introduced a jam board and Kahoot exercises in my course which help them to assess the students. Each module had a formative or summative evaluation technique and uses specified criteria. I’ll be interacting with the students using Zoom Meeting, and I’ve also given a link to Google Meet. It will be helpful for me to provide feedback to the students. Moreover if they have any problems they can discuss and organize a meeting with me on zoom and google meet. Students will view a video that I made about symmetrical shapes first after that they will apply their knowledge of what they have learned from the video and apply it to a Jam board activity. After that, They can work on the accompanying worksheet to test their understanding when I believe they have a solid understanding of the material. I hope the lesson plan will be interesting for them because I relate my lesson plan with real-life objects for a better understanding of students.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the video, and if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Posted in EC&I 834 | 1 Comment

IMPACT OF TEACHER-STUDENT INTERACTIONS

To begin with, It is imperative that teachers pay attention to their pupils’ opinions and ideas. They can gauge whether their students are grasping what is being taught by carefully listening, which will help them to grow in empathy and understanding for their charges.

Why Good Communication Skills Are Important For Teachers ...

The classroom’s social interaction activities support students’ growth in self-esteem, understanding of conflict and conflict resolution, capacity for problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and the formation of lifelong friendships. Strong communication abilities ensure that students will always participate more actively in class. This contact will make it easier to comprehend the things being taught. Graduation improvements and eventual academic achievement would follow from this. The degree of interaction and participation in online education can also be influenced by the instructor’s teaching methodology and approach. Students who take online courses can benefit from instructors that use motivating and interactive teaching strategies like gamification or real-world simulations. In order to promote interaction and participation, the platform and technologies used for online education can be extremely important. Students can communicate with peers and instructors in real-time, just as they would in a typical classroom, using technologies like virtual whiteboards, collaborative papers, and real-time communication tools. On the other hand, a course that is solely available online and consisting of written assignments and pre-recorded lectures could not have the same interactive components as classes that are held in person. When students work collaboratively, discussing the topic with one another and ensuring that everyone in the group understands, they are more likely to learn the content than when they compete with one another or work independently. Encouraging kids to think critically, collaborate effectively, and communicate effectively are admirable and feasible goals. The productivity and general caliber of discussion in the classroom are improved by regular collaboration, which has a huge impact on student learning. With clear short-term objectives, more challenging jobs are feasible. The extent to which children can perform independently versus with the help or guidance of a teacher or peers. Support should be given, such as breaking tasks down into smaller pieces, modeling, coaching, and promoting.

Positive and Caring Relationships with Teachers are Critical to Student Success

It is impossible for a student to attend courses in a private or isolated room (an urban notion) in a country like India where living spaces for many people are small and constrained with families that are relatively larger and not everyone can afford it. Students come from a variety of social backgrounds. Many rural residents sit at home and attend classes. In crowded living environments and cities, the odds are slim that a child will take an online class to show that at the time it can prevent other family members or people outside from going about their daily activities. While for some this may be unavoidable, for others it is a deliberate order to spy on their children. The student’s problems may not have been known by the teacher. illustrates the significance of non-verbal communication once more. Even if a student is non-verbal in a typical classroom environment in a situation like this, the teacher can still comprehend what is going on psychologically or emotionally because the student is visible. Staying indoors, having no social life, life’s uncertainty, and fear of the pandemic were among the causes that contributed to an increase in depression across a range of age groups during the lockdown. When students attend offline lectures, all of these factors can be avoided because they are interconnected. Offline instruction keeps students from getting distracted, making them more engaged and attentive in class.

Communication in the Classroom | Skills for Teachers

Teachers must be able to interact with students and parents. Success in any education industry depends on effective communication skills. In this article, we discuss the importance of effective communication and some additional strategies teachers can use to be more effective when teaching and mentoring students. If students want to finish their education and later enter the workforce, they must be able to learn in a classroom environment. On the other hand, students must be able to understand and work with professors if they want an education that will help them achieve their academic, professional and personal goals.

Why Parent-Teacher Communication is Important? - LEAD School

As a teacher, I believe that the relationship between students is not just a sharing of knowledge, but also a relationship of mutual benefit. Classes are more enjoyable when there is the interaction between two people, something that is lacking online. The connection between the two not only facilitates learning but also allows students to develop confidence, awareness, and active participation. Also, seeing my students nodding or grinning throughout the lesson makes me feel confident.

Posted in EC&I 834, Uncategorized | 1 Comment

FEEDBACK: AN OBJECTIVE EVALUATION OF YOUR WORK.

Finally, we received our feedback on the course. To begin with, we want to thank our reviewers who reviewed our portfolio very nicely and provide valuable feedback on our course profile. The main goal of this course is to be distinctive and engaging in terms of how an asynchronous module is set up for students to complete while also engaging in other classroom activities. In order to keep our kids interested in class and help them learn more efficiently, we use a variety of platforms including Kahoot and Google Forms in our classroom. We are also considering adding other activities such as Mentimeter. More, we love to answer each and every question asked by our reviewers.

Performance Evaluation: Definition, Steps, Methods

To start with the query of the target population, I would like to say that the audience for this lesson is grade 4 pupils, who are the target group for this topic. Ages range from six to twelve. Children at this age begin to observe their environment and begin to inquire about the various shapes of things. Our toddler learns to distinguish between objects thanks to the various learning shapes. Encourage kids to cooperate on puzzles, tangrams, and mazes so that they can understand how shapes differ from one another. This idea will help them to remember how forms differ from one another. Encourage kids to draw or create 3D models of the objects they see both inside and outside.

6 Tips for Writing an Effective Performance Review | BizMerlinHR

Moving further, Students get the chance to depict mathematical concepts through the use of real-world objects, images, diagrams, numbers, words, and symbols in the teaching activities. Students learn to model and interpret problems, comprehend mathematical concepts, articulate and explain their thoughts, and create connections between related mathematical ideas by representing ideas in a number of ways. Teachers can effectively assess student understanding without the use of paper and pencil assessments by using the students’ physical and graphical representations of mathematical concepts. Moreover, images make mathematical concepts easier for children to understand. Also, using visual mathematics helps people think more abstractly, write more effectively, and recognize creativity in mathematics. By asking students about the various ways they can see and approach problems, as well as by promoting the debate of various approaches to problem-solving, we as educators generate such mathematical excitement in classrooms with every mathematics subject.

Performance Review RGB Color Icon. Job Efficiency Assessment, Employee  Effectiveness Evaluation. Workflow Productivity Optimization, Professional  Time Management. Isolated Vector Illustration Royalty Free SVG, Cliparts,  Vectors, And Stock Illustration ...

Even more than that, One of the reviewers said that while using so many different technologies at once can be challenging, Google Classroom, Kahoot, Mentimeter, and Jamboard all seem to be good tools. Having a variety of activities makes the class exciting and fosters student interest. Students are able to access the videos and activities, and if they don’t have access to technology, they can still participate in offline lessons. We received the feedback that we have chosen various topics in one lesson plan 1 but in this lesson plan, we only give an overview of geometrical shapes and we chose only 4 geometrical shapes to teach the students. We chose google meet to ask questions to clarify queries about the topic sometimes students face difficulty to clarify their problems, so we arrange google meets to help to solve their problems and they can also interact with me via face-to-face classes One of the reviewers appreciates the links for the lesson plan that we provide in my course description since they offer a clear and well-stated summation of the course material’s overall scope.

30 Leadership Performance Review Examples (With Definition) | Indeed.com

Teachers typically create learning opportunities relevant to curriculum themes, such as two-dimensional forms and three-dimensional figures, while arranging mathematics instruction. It is crucial that teachers create learning opportunities to aid pupils in comprehending the fundamental ideas that underpin key mathematical concepts. Students learn that mathematics is an integrated whole rather than a collection of disconnected topics when instruction focuses on big ideas because they are able to make connections both inside and across topics. Students can, for instance, learn that the faces of three-dimensional figures are two-dimensional shapes in a session on three-dimensional figures, which will help them understand the main concept of geometric relationships better. The teaching activities in this handbook don’t cover all Geometry themes, nor do they cover all ideas and abilities mentioned in the Grades 4 curricular goals. They do, however, offer examples of instructive activities that concentrate on crucial curricular subjects and encourage knowledge of the fundamental concepts in geometry and spatial sense. These models can be applied to the creation of new educational initiatives.

How to Write and Present a Performance Review - SlideModel

Posted in EC&I 834 | Leave a comment

COURSE MODULE: GRADE 4 (SHAPE AND SPACE)

We chose the grade 4 math subject since Shivali and I are both math teachers and we wanted to work on a project that could be used in their classrooms. We had to consider each other’s unique teaching philosophies, as well as our own personal strengths and shortcomings when creating a course together. We think that as a team, we did an excellent job of designing a course that is interesting to children in school. We think that as a team, we did a wonderful job of designing an interesting course for the students. Making the large picture and the course profile was our first step in the entire process. After that, we broke up the outcomes according to the curriculum so that each of our modules had a specific set of indicators and outcomes. In order to prevent students from overlooking any important learning concepts, we made an effort to ensure that our course had adequate flow within our modules. Google Classroom is the LMS I selected since it is popular in our division and is used by my students. We have established a simple structure for our students to follow in our google classroom. The students can access many categories in the section for classwork and the profile is broken into six components.

Information about synchronous classes
Please utilize the provided meet link to join the synchronous session. . Thursdays from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm Google Meet sign-up details Link to a videocall:https://meet.google.com/ufm-mdmj-uvp?authuser=0

Please put your question on the doubt sheet or bring it up during the face-to-face session if you have any questions.
Attendance is required; any absences must be communicated in advance through personal messages or email..

Lesson #1:Overview of Geometrical 2D Shapes Area

Prior to the start of the first lecture, students are required to develop a response for each of the following questions:

1. What  did you understand by area?

We employ a variety of instructional strategies, and interactive digital technologies, and give students the opportunity for written and visual learning across our classes. Each module has a formative or summative assessment method that requires students to complete a self-reflection exercise, a google form test, or an assignment using a specified rubric. Through the use of a range of digital tools and group activities to strengthen the sense of community in the classroom, we have tried to find ways to ensure that there are opportunities for children to develop relationships with their instructors and one another. Students will next be guided through an introduction to geometrical forms as a complete group after which they will individually discuss the definitions of “shape and space and compare them with their real-world experiences” before sharing their thoughts as a group. at the end of the lesson plan, After finishing their Kahoot assignment, students can proceed to the Google Form: Reflections and Summary assessment task. The purpose of this check-in form is for each student to fill it out independently in order to determine what they are or are not comprehending, as well as what lessons need to be repeated, expanded upon, or where the teacher should be moving next.

This blended learning course’s development has, overall, been a process of continuous learning and in-depth reflection. I’ve made a conscious effort to adhere to my original objective of employing a mixed learning setting to produce an engaging and social course. The remaining modules will be completed, and I’m eager to work with others to design courses for additional grade levels.

Posted in EC&I 834 | Leave a comment

Mind Mapping: A Great Tool for Teachers and Students

OVERVIEW OF THE TOOL AS WELL AS A REVIEW OF THE TOOL,
I find this tool very much interesting as this grabs my attention because of its name, According to Mural: A mind map is a brainstorming tool that helps our students track, arrange, and structure their ideas visually. In order to organize information and synthesize thoughts, mind maps are diagrams with concepts branching off of a single central concept or idea. It will be start by Deciding what will be the topic of your mind map to begin with. Once we’ve determined the main topic, note it in the mind map’s center. Over the course of the activity, we will expand on this subject and enhance the vision of our student and developed their logical reasoning skills. Also, give some time to analyze the thoughts and stir up the thoughts in your mind that stimulate you at that moment in the form of images, phrases or words. Then, Create three to five key categories that directly relate to your main issue after you’ve put everything down. Then try to associate concepts and establish relationships between them. Once you’ve sorted your divisions and supporting ideas, devote time to delving further into each one. We have to draw a line for each new data, associate them with each category, and we can develop new categories initiated in the form of main ideas. We have to continue until we have a mind map shows the connections between all of your themes and subtopics.

STRENGTHS: The first advantage of mind mapping is that it helps in planning and developing strategies related to our topic. Also, enhance memory and improve knowledge in all subjects. It also helps in encouraging problem solving and analytic thinking. Moreover, helps in curriculum preparation, academic performance improvement, and executive education. In addition, it improves writing and presentation skills and simplifies operations and procedures.

WEAKNESSES: It takes too much time to do mind mapping. Mind mapping can take an excessive amount of time. Also, students may sometimes lose information when using mind maps.

POTENTIAL FOR TEACHERS AS A CONTENT CREATION TOOL: Keep your mind map technique as straightforward as you can. Beyond that, prioritize outlining information rather than creating an appealing mind map. Reduce the amount of time pupils spend mind mapping and encourage them to see it as a tool rather than an end in itself. To conclude, In combination to words and images, mind maps also include color, a graphical layout, and other cognitive signals that improve long-term retention.

Posted in EC&I 834 | 1 Comment

Course Profile:Understanding Geometrical Shape( Grade 4)

This is the course profile I prepared with Shivali. We did it together by sharing our screen on Zoom.

Overview and Course Description:

It will be a preparatory course for students in elementary school. In my course, students will investigate and learn about geometrical shapes. My aim is to provide the students with a deep understanding of diverse geometrical shapes. As an educator, It’s crucial to provide students with the chance to investigate both regular and irregular shapes. Teachers need to be familiar with the characteristics of 2D and 3D shapes and the connection between body, structure, and function. 

Targeted Population( Age, Grade, ender):

For this learning, the students of grade 4 are the intended student audience for this subject. Their age ranges from 6- 12. At this age, children start observing the surroundings and start questioning the different shapes of the objects. Here we will prepare 3 different programs that support students to become aware of shapes and start knowing the basic difference among the different geometrical shapes. 

Course Timeline:

The course will span at least 4 weeks. The instructor will need to be adaptable when presenting the course material and assess their audience to determine whether some topics require more or less attention or whether certain students are finding it difficult to keep up with their learning and tasks. Additionally, because this course supplements what the students are currently studying in other subject areas, the teacher may need to modify deadlines and coursework to meet the needs of the students.

Course Format (Online/ Blended/ Synchronous, Asynchronous):

The main objective of this course is to create an asynchronous learning environment where students can advance their knowledge and learn more efficiently. Additionally, there must be some synchronous engagement such as debates, question-and-answer sessions, and group discussions so that students may conveniently access their course materials in an asynchronous mode as well as so they can effectively summarize their learning. This course is specially designed for both in-person and online instruction by considering the characteristics of flipped classrooms to encourage the mixed learning approach. This course also helps students in understanding the learning assessment, written descriptions, and video explanations related to their course which is the primary aim of this approach. Also, the students will be able to identify their strengths and weaknesses through self-evaluation, set goals for themselves, and show proficient organizational skills. I usually prefer technology while teaching, because it is something the students can be proud of, enhancing their self-efficacy. It keeps them in tune with what is going on in the classroom at all times by holding them accountable. 

Toolset for the course:

Google Classroom will be my major platform here. I am quite familiar with it but still need to know it in more depth so that I can use it in a more efficient way for the good shake of my students. I will use some instructional videos along with assigned homework and activities. Moving further, the instructional tools I am using here are online notes in pdf format, PPT notes, and some images with guided discussion. In addition to this, I prefer to use Kahoot as this application is user-friendly and Mentimeter enhances the skills of my students and makes my class more interactive and engaging. Moreover, I’ll use WebEx sessions and  Jam boards to facilitate conversation and discussion among the students and allow them to share their opinions. Further, I will speak with my pupils in break-out rooms and find out if they are having any difficulties with their academics. Likewise, I will provide them with direct feedback so they feel more at ease discussing their concerns with me. Also, if they are more comfortable meeting me in person, I may invite them to do so. 

Demographics: 

Nowadays, all students who are participating in this course are having access to technologies like laptops and computers. Regina, the capital of Saskatchewan, consists of a diverse population due to which there is huge diversification among the targeted population. In addition, not everyone has equal access to technology, increasing the population’s variety. Because of this, the student population may vary, but the majority of them can readily access the technology, and those who have trouble accessing it can still use it in the classroom. 

Course objective: 

The learning outcomes included in the Saskatchewan Grade 4 Math Curriculum are intended to be addressed every day through the asynchronous, blended learning environment of this course. Students will be able to define the characteristics of two- and three-dimensional figures in this course using the relevant geometric vocabulary. Additionally, they will be able to identify, describe, and investigate the characteristics of geometric solids. Students will then recognize geometric solids in their surroundings. When teaching students new content, it’s crucial to employ a variety of supplemental materials to help students understand the concepts. I would use real-life objects visual aids, and drawings when instructing the task. These educational tools will make it easier for all students to understand the curriculum, especially ESL students.

The Saskatchewan Curriculum’s mentioned outcomes will serve as the basis for this course’s preparation and instruction and the SSS4.2 and SS4.3 curricula provide outcomes and questions for deeper understanding to guide instruction.

Show that you are aware of line symmetry by:

• Recognizing 2-D symmetrical forms.
  • Identifying 2-D objects that are symmetrical.
  • Creating a 2-D shape with one or more symmetry lines.
  • Realizing that space is measured in squares
  • Identifying shared characteristics between several geometrical designs
  • Building models utilizing various geometric forms

Indicators for this outcome

• Identify the square as the most effective unit for measuring area, and explain why.
  • Give a square meter reference and explain your decision.
  • Identify the standard square unit that a referent represents.
  • Calculate a 2-D shape’s area using your own referents.
  • Explain the method used to calculate the area of a standard 2-D shape.
  • Create a rectangle with the specified area.
  • Draw at least two alternative rectangles using the same area to demonstrate and Demonstrate how more than one rectangle is possible.

.Course material:

The course material used here is according to the grade of the student. Additionally, Students can construct patterns, practice rotating shapes, and sort various forms with the use of pattern blocks. The ability to see patterns is crucial for critical thinking and analysis, and it can aid students in discovering connections between various ideas. In fact, geometry can offer fantastic hands-on exercises to keep your young primary kids interested. Shapes and lines are the foundation of geometry, and young students may easily understand those. Also, we can increase the student’s understanding of shapes so that they can use what they already know to create larger and more complex shapes. Learning shape is usually beyond the course material because shapes are more easily understandable by observing them from the surroundings. So I will prefer audio/visual aids to introduce geometrical shapes to my students. I will motivate them to recognize the shapes by providing basic definitions to them like, A circle has no corners or sides, Three sides and three corners make up a triangle, Four sides and four square corners make up a rectangle, or A rectangle whose sides are all the same length is called a square. 

Assessment methods:

Assessment is the most important factor to evaluate the progress of our students or I can say the most effective sort of evaluation for raising student comprehension and performance is known as formative assessment. This can be brought into practice by the use of Ka hoot, Mentimeter, Google Classroom Questions, google forms, Google meet up, google chat, and jam Board. The final project will serve as the summative assessment by generating one final report. In addition to this, as an instructor, the feedback will be delivered orally or in written form. We will use graphical representation also to represent the progress of students monthly. Once a month, we can arrange alternative meetings with their parents and also some time in person or face-to-face so that we Can discuss their ward progress more efficiently. 

Special considerations:

Access to technology at home and school: If a student does not have access to technology at home, they may use school time to finish their work or, if they are going to be away from school for an extended amount of time, they may borrow technology. Additionally, to provide students more time to interact with technology, flexible scheduling should be implemented in schools.  

WIFI: For some of our families, getting access to WIFI could be difficult. If children don’t have access to a hotspot, the internet, or WIFI at home, propose that they use the local library or look into alternative ways that the school district might assist them.

EAL learners: Some learners will require subtitles and a combination of instruction and visuals in order to make the knowledge relevant, so it is important to support students who are English language learners in the best way possible. Moreover, we may instruct students on how to utilize Google Translate and provide them with enough time to finish their coursework.

Attendance of students: Because the course is taught using a blended method, students who are not in class but have access to technology and the internet can still work on their education at their own pace. Scheduling video meetings, chat sessions, or email exchanges would be advantageous for students if they find it difficult to attend the classes

GOAL SHEET
The following sheet should be given to the students to provide an outline for
organizing their thoughts on their goals.

FINISH THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES…

1) I am studying Math’s ______________________

____________________________________________________

2) My strengths in math include _____________________________

3) My weaknesses in math include ___________________________

4) The things I plan to improve upon our _______________________

Posted in EC&I 834 | Tagged | Leave a comment

New Hope: Blended Learning

​When I first heard this word, I was so confused about the actual meaning of ” blended” but when I got familiar with this word, it became one of my favorites. Nowadays blended learning has become one of the important aspects of education. Especially in the previous 2-3 year we have become accustomed to this. Today, If we are teaching without the technology then we as an educator feel something is missing while teaching. Blended learning is an integral part of our teaching as per today’s scenarios. Since the pandemic arose, it teaches us that it is necessary for our children to be familiar with technology so that even if they are not coming to an  institute, they are learning from home. Also, it nurtures self directed and makes learners independent and simultaneously boost their confidence level that they can solve their problems themselves too. It makes our students passionate learners and motivates them towards learning new things and expanding their horizon in terms of their career. As an educator our main focus was on our students needing to know why they are listening, what they are writing, they need tasks that focus them and help understand the text regardless the mode of teaching whether it’s blended, remote or In person. In order to provide students with a successful blended learning experience, educators must promote good course designs and develop new technology- and teaching-related abilities so that students have no trouble adjusting.

If I would discuss the challenges and opportunities I faced in blended learning then my only challenge is to discover new activities on a daily basis so that my students show their full participant during my lecture. And there are a lot of opportunities I felt while learning. To begin with as a teacher we can provide them instant feedback according to their performance in the classroom. Additionally, I think that students begin to develop early in their careers and that mentors and school culture have a positive impact on our children. Another prominent point is, Increasing performance and attaining learning goals are the main motive behind blended learning. To conclude, I just want to say that the use of technology in the classroom has improved teaching methods and is really helpful for many students, especially those who are more tech-oriented and believe in learning by doing. Through coaching, e-coaching, and online forums, Blended learning urges the institute to take teachings and conversations out of the classroom and into the workplace and improves the level of education with the help of technologies.​

Posted in EC&I 834 | 2 Comments

Know Me More

Hello to everybody!

Jyoti is my name, and I’m from India. I am enrolled in the Master of Education program at our university and my major is curriculum and instruction. I enrolled in this course because I enjoy learning and hope to become an instructor someday. I have a strong desire to see the world and am really passionate about my job.

In addition, I’m constantly looking for new ways to study and develop my abilities. I also strongly believe in collaboration and that the greatest way to succeed is by working together. I’m eager to begin this course with you all and to complete my degree this semester. I am certain that I possess the qualities necessary to be a constructive individual, and I am eager to change the world.

I’m an extremely social individual that enjoys meeting new people. I am eager to get to know every one of you better and meet you all. I consider my approach to be my greatest asset. I enjoy taking on new challenges and consider accepting both success and failure in a balanced approach in order to go forward. Since I have confidence in both my abilities and my work, I don’t leave any queries unanswered. I appreciate you taking the time to learn more about me.

I am looking forward to being in this class and getting to know each of you.

Posted in EC&I 834 | Leave a comment