Teaching Philosophy and I Believe Statements

My Teaching Philosophies

Pedagogy

I believe in having multiple teaching methods. I believe that each person learns in a different way. I strive to include visuals, written and oral instructions during a lesson as well as those options for assessments when possible. Everyone has different strengths which is why we need a range of teaching methods to adhere to each student. I believe that following the Saskatchewan curriculum is important for our students to learn. I also believe in learning in many different ways such as outside, and inquiry based. 

Assessment

I believe that assessment is a crucial part of education. All parts of assessment are important in the classroom. Pre-assessment allows for teachers to know where their students are beginning in a certain topic which allows for the plans to be made accordingly. Formative assessments I believe are the most important because they happen throughout the unit to know where students are at in the process. This can allow for teachers to make adjustments if needed as well as to help the students who may not be grasping the concept. 

Social Justice in Teaching

I believe that social justice is a key component in teaching. I believe that we as educators have a role in social justice as we are part of shaping the future with our students. Social justice is something that should be included in the classroom and will very in ways that it is shown for appropriateness of age/grade levels. 

Inspiring myself and my students towards lifelong learning

I believe that lifelong learning is important. I believe that everyone is always learning. I will inspire myself and my students towards lifelong learning through asking questions and having an inquiry approach to things. Being a lifelong learner is important and something that children should leave a classroom knowing. 

I Believe…

I believe students learn better in an environment they are comfortable in.

~I believe in varying teaching methods.

~I believe students should always feel safe and secure.

~ I believe every child has their own strengths.

~I believe in hands on learning.

~I believe everyone has the freedom to express themselves.

~I believe all students have the right to be heard.

~I believe everyone should be treated as an individual.