I definitely feel like my schooling reflects a lot of the Tyler rationale. For starters, the article lists one of the issues of this rationale is that it leaves students with little to no voice. I didn’t realize how true this was until grade 11 when we got a new high school English teacher and on the first day she asked for our input in what we wanted the year to look like and what our thought were about different assignments. We expressed that we’d rather have class discussions than little assignments and she actually listened and found new ways to have discussions, for example: small groups, large groups, jigsaw groups, and even by using Microsoft teams. Our class coined our grade 11 English year with the term “We went to Finland” (which we didn’t actually), because after learning about the worlds education systems in another class, we all agreed the Finland education system was superior and her teaching mimic Finland’s education system. However, that was the only time I had an experience like that because the next year she moved to a new school and it was strange going back to only having “pre-specified goals” and “being told what they [we] must learn, and how they [we] will do it.” I also feel that the Tyler rationale added a lot of stress on both teachers and students in my schooling. Almost every year we have to move at such a fast pace in order to get through all the content that the teacher was required to teach us and each year of high school we just had to move faster and faster. In my Pre-Calc 30 class, we only had one day to finish an entire unit at the end of the semester and it was so rushed through that nobody understood what was going on, and since we didn’t have time for a unit exam, that section was weighted for on the final exam, which of course everyone did poorly on that section. In the Tyler rationale this of course would be at the fault of the teacher or students. The Tyler rationale definitely has some major limitations which I highlighted within my stories, but there are also some aspects of it that I think do somewhat make sense. I understand the feeling of need for uniformity in what is being taught and think that in a sense, in order to move from what grade level to the next, that there needs to be some guidelines. However, I do not think the exact teachings need to be the same (like when Katia was referring to the scripts that teachers used to have to read), but I do that that maybe just to reach the same outcomes some unity is needed. This would give the teach flexibility of what contents needs to be taught depending on the students while still making sure the student has what they need to move onto the next grade without being behind.