Who Am I?

Who Am I?

Welcome to my education journey. My name is Lauren Buist and I am currently in the third year of my Bachelor of Elementary Education degree. I was born in Swift Current and raised on a farm near Waldeck SK. I went to Waldeck Elementary and Junior High School from K-9 and then SCCHS in Swift Current from 10-12. Attending a small school and the teacher/student relationships I developed had a profound impact on me and played a major role in my decision to become a teacher. I have also gained quite an appreciation for many different ideals through my journey as an education student. Now, I recognize my place and role in reconciliation and my duty as an educator to do the same for my students.

Growing up in an agriculturally based community is also quite significant to me. Over the years I have learned many important life skills, especially what it means to work hard. Agriculture also opened the doors for me to be a part of the 4-H program. For thirteen years, I raised a steer to show and sell at the local fair and as I have gotten older I now have gained another new title as General Beef Leader which makes me the sole leader of the beef project. Through 4-H I have learned to public speak, make decisions, set goals, and most importantly how to be a leader. 

Overall, I hope to have the sort of impact my teachers had on me and teach the next generation not only how to be good students, but inspire them to become even better people. Enjoy following along with me on my education journey!