Week 7

Week 7

I had another great week, and I am quite sad that my placement has come to an end. The students began to learn about the three states of matter: solids, liquids, and gasses. Then they learned about labelling on different household items, for instance, the flammable label, or explosive label. We then went around the school trying to find some items that were labelled as such. They also spoke about the importance of storing these items in a safe space.

Technology is present in the school, and in the classroom but from what I have observed it isn’t used every day. From what I have seen and asked about, grade 1 and 2 students use Chromebooks during specific guided reading exercises or to watch a video in science class on a certain topic. If the gym is unavailable, my cooperating teacher will pull up a fun exercise video for the kids as well. 

The students were quite sad when they learned it was my last day, and I got a hug from each one which was nice. I think I created some good relationships with the students. Everyone invited me back to visit and have coffee someday soon, and I might have to take them up on their offer.