A Fitting Post

Hey everyone!

I hope you had a calm and relaxing reading week.

I am writing to you from my third day of isolation in my tiny bedroom! I do not have my test results back, but I was a close contact to someone who tested positive for Covid-19. So, I am stuck in my small bedroom for the time being.

But let me tell you, it is HARD to find the motivation to do any of my work when I am in my bed all day. My room is too small for a desk, and so my bed has become my entire life for the last three days.

However, I suppose I have accomplished some work (make sure you emphasize some).

For my learning project this week, I found an individual to VoiceOver the relationships module, and I created the knowledge check!

The individual we found to VoiceOver the relationships module was a secondary educator and athlete for the University of Regina. With experience as a coach, athlete, and educator, we thought he would be a great fit to be involved with out course! We reached out to him over Instagram and have been in contact via email. We are still working out the logistics, but we are super excited to have him involved!

As I said earlier, I also created the knowledge check for the module. I want to make sure that there is some sort of assessment after each module to ensure the participants are paying attention. Even if the questions are rather straightforward, they reiterate the main messages of the module so that if participants don’t focus during the presentation, then they still take something away from the knowledge check! The questions I chose for the knowledge check relate to the learning objectives. The LMS I chose has the option to add assessments within each unit, so I am going to take advantage of that feature!

This was a boring post, but it seems fitting since my whole life is boring in my bedroom right now.

Thanks for reading!

x Paige

2 thoughts on “A Fitting Post

1. Hey Paige, so sorry to hear about your isolation! I myself am on my third day of self-isolation too and it is so hard! I had to get tested and am still waiting for my results to come in, which has me on the edge of my seat! I found it was easiest to lock down and do homework when I started to take breaks every half hour. This way I could work for 30 minutes straight, then reward myself with a small break of whatever I wanted to do! Although you may think this week was a boring blog post, I say congrats on staying on task and still moving forward in your project. I still find what your doing so interesting and I can’t wait to see what you bring every week. Good luck with the rest of your isolation and I hope things get better!

2. I can’t believe I haven’t read more of your posts – creating a course sounds so cool. The only similar experience I have would be being part of eSchool. It feels like I have so much power over what is posted and the features for students to use.
    Has this experience been similar to creating a blog for you?