This is How I Improve my English Accent

Since I came to Canada I’ve been trying to sound more natural when I talk to people who are not familiar with different accents, especially students in early years. And the more I came into contact with native speakers, the more I felt the need to improve my accent, I wanted to spare myself the trouble of repeating words. Therefore, I’ve decided to master Standard North American English in order to communicate easily and clearly with my colleagues and my not familiar with different accents, especially students in their early years. And the more I came into contact with native speakers, the more I felt the need to improve my accent, I wanted to spare myself the trouble of repeating words. Therefore, I’ve decided to master Standard North American English to communicate easily and clearly with my colleagues and my future students. It was hard at the beginning to assess myself as I didn’t know what I didn’t know, in other words, I didn’t know if there were any problems with sentence structure, in my tone, monotony, or the volume! After asking many friends and from the feedback that I got during my pre-internship I would say that I use, sometimes, unfamiliar expressions due to the translation process that my brain does when I speak, and the volume of my voice, it needs to be higher and not monotonous. I used to watch a lot of YouTube channels most of them are very useful for non-native speakers to improve their accent, but the one which I liked the most is Accurate English by Lisa Mojsin on YouTube. She is specialized in training corporate professionals and foreign-born actors in Hollywood. She posts new videos almost every week. This channel meets my needs and I can benefit, literally, from every single video posted on this channel.

About Rami Bakfalouni

Hey, I'm an education student for middle years students 6-9 at the University of Regina
This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.