Sarah with an H Miller

February 6, 2024 0 By Sarah Miller

Hello there!

I’m Sarah with an H Miller, a third-year Education student at the University of Regina, and I’m thrilled to share a bit about myself and my journey toward becoming a future educator.

My path to teaching has been a wild one, starting with two years in nursing before a revelation during the chaos of the COVID-19 pandemic. Nannying during those uncertain times not only allowed me to connect with amazing kids but also revealed my true passion for education. Teaching them during their online school days sparked a realization—I had found my calling.

Family plays a significant role in my life, especially my incredible sister who has Autism. Growing up with her has gifted me with a unique perspective and an abundance of patience. It’s a quality I value deeply and believe will serve me well as I step into the world of teaching. Every challenge becomes an opportunity to learn, adapt, and create an inclusive environment for all students.

As I eagerly await the upcoming fall for my pre-internship, my excitement knows no bounds. This hands-on experience will be a stepping stone toward transforming my passion for education into a lifelong commitment. The prospect of positively impacting young minds and contributing to their growth fills me with joy and anticipation.

Outside the world of academia, I find solace and joy in the kitchen. Baking and cooking, especially for others, are activities that bring me immense satisfaction. There’s something magical about creating delicious treats and meals to share, spreading warmth and happiness through the joy of good food.

Art is another avenue through which I express myself, with a particular fondness for painting. The canvas becomes my playground, where I explore colours, shapes, and emotions. The creative process not only rejuvenates me but also provides a valuable outlet for self-expression.

In essence, I like to think of myself as an upbeat person who is on a journey to become an inspiring educator. My enthusiasm for teaching, coupled with a genuine love for baking, cooking, and painting, defines me as someone who brings passion and positivity into every aspect of life. Join me on this exciting adventure, where education and creativity collide, and let’s make the world a brighter place together!