FINAL NETWORKED LEARNING POST

April 16, 2024 0 By Sarah Miller

In reflecting on my participation in networked learning throughout this course, I must admit that I didn’t engage as much as I had initially intended. While I did make a few comments on Jenna’s and Carson’s websites at the beginning, I found it challenging to maintain consistent interaction as the weeks went by. Balancing the demands of this class with other responsibilities proved to be more difficult than I had anticipated, leading to a lapse in my participation on the discussion platform.

Moreover, I completely forgot about the Discord channel—a resource that I now realize could have provided valuable opportunities for collaboration and support. Unfortunately, this oversight will likely impact my overall mark for networked learning, a consequence that I accept and regret.

However, it’s not all doom and gloom. Despite my limited engagement on external platforms, I did have meaningful interactions with my friend Jenna, who was also taking the course. We supported each other throughout the learning projects, sharing texts, troubleshooting, and even going grocery shopping together to gather ingredients and supplies. While these interactions were more informal and personal, they still contributed to my overall learning experience.

Furthermore, I focused heavily on my project and learning posts, investing time and effort into producing quality work that I believe demonstrates my understanding and growth throughout the course. While networked learning is undoubtedly important, I chose to prioritize the aspects of the course that aligned most closely with my learning goals and interests.

Looking ahead, I recognize the value of networked learning and the importance of actively participating in online communities. Moving forward, I aim to be more proactive in engaging with my peers and leveraging online platforms to enhance my learning experience. While I may have fallen short in this aspect of the course, I am committed to learning from my mistakes and striving for improvement in the future.

Below I have the screenshots of the texts between me and Jenna about our learning projects: