Week 8- Stitching Stories

April 16, 2024 0 By Sarah Miller

In this week’s recap of my crafting journey, I’m thrilled to share my latest triumph: the completion of my rainbow flag patch! After weeks of meticulous stitching and unwavering determination, seeing the vibrant colours come together in a beautiful array fills me with a sense of pride and accomplishment. I know it still looks a little rough but, I tried.

But the excitement doesn’t end there. Emboldened by my success, I decided to embark on a new challenge: adding a flower design to the back of my jean jacket. Without the guidance of a tutorial, I plunged headfirst into the world of freehand embroidery, eager to test my skills and unleash my creativity.

It didn’t go great as you can tell by the photo it is a little uneven and lopsided.

The process was slow and laborious, and my thumb soon began to feel the strain of pushing the needle through the fabric. Yet, amidst the occasional frustration, I found solace in the rhythmic motion of my hands and the comforting presence of my furry companion by my side.

Speaking of furry companions, I have some exciting news to share: I recently welcomed a new addition to my family—a sweet, spirited cat named Mongo. Inspired by the lovable gingerbread giant character from Shrek 2, Mongo has quickly stolen my heart with her playful antics and affectionate purrs.

And so, as I eagerly embark on the next chapter of my crafting journey—a new flower blossoming beneath the one that came before—I do so with a heart full of hope and anticipation!