Introducing Myself

Hello! And welcome to my very first experience with blogging. My name is Vincent Grabowski and I grew up in the town of Hamiota, Manitoba located on Treaty 2 territory. I come from a family of six, my mother, father, two older brothers, and little sister. My little sister was born with Down syndrome and has always been an incredibly important part of my life. Growing up with her blessed me with many opportunities to learn, and allowed me to see how the education system adapted to allow her to achieve success through IEP planning, social interaction with classmates, and extra-curriculars.

I moved to Regina in 2016 in order to complete my Bachelor of Applied Science in Electronic Systems Engineering.  My experience in engineering was incredibly rewarding and enjoyable, but ultimately, I decided that it was not a career I wanted to pursue and that the difference I wanted to make in the world was as a teacher. After graduating from engineering in the summer of 2021, I enrolled in the Bachelor of Education After Degree (BEAD) program at the University of Regina.

Growing up I was no stranger to utilizing technology in order to learn. Google or YouTube are often the first places I look in order to find tips, tutorials, or inspiration when it comes to solving problems, or the hobbies I enjoy. That being said, social media is an area where I am incredibly lacking in experience. I have very little online presence and, if I am honest, the idea of posting or sharing my own thoughts online makes me nervous. So, a course like EDTC 300 where I will be blogging and tweeting regularly is certainly outside my comfort zone. That being said, I intend to put in a genuine effort and am hopeful that this experience will help me become more comfortable in these areas.

The Twitter account I created for this course can be found here.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog,

-Vincent