My Journey to Becoming a Teacher

A New Beginning

This past spring, I decided to take the plunge and go back to school.  At 32 years old and with a young family, this wasn’t a decision that I made lightly, however I was ready for a change.  I had worked in the telecommunication field since finishing two certificate programs at SIAST after high school, but it was never work that I felt overly connected to or satisfied with.  So finally, with the support of my wife, I am following my passion and pursuing a degree in Middle Years Education.  Along with going back to school, I have a business with a friend called Regina Custom Closets.  School, closets, home renovations, and the busy schedules of my two kids keeps me very busy.  My calendar is more packed than it ever has been, but I am excited to be pursuing something that makes me happy and I can’t wait to finish my degree and join the teaching profession!

I hope you enjoy following along with my journey as I continue to update my ePortfolio.

1 Comment

1. Julie Machnaik

Love your “journey to becoming a teacher” school photo and how the main page is clean, clear, well-organized, very professional look. You have a solid framework to continue to build throughout you program. Your beautiful family photo and About Me page is great – so glad you are able to pursue your dream of becoming a middle years teacher. You’ll be fantastic!