About Me

Square

I would like to begin by acknowledging that I am on the traditional
lands, referred to as Treaty 6 Territory and that the City of (Saskatoon/
Prince Albert/North Battleford/Lloydminster/Meadow Lake) and all the
people here are beneficiaries of this peace and friendship treaty.
Treaty 6 encompasses the traditional territories of numerous First
Nations, including Cree, Dene (DEN-Ē), Nakota, Saulteaux (SO-TO), and
Ojibwe (OJIB-WĒ) and the homeland of the Métis Nation.

I was born and raised in Swift Current Saskatchewan. I grew up in the city, but my grandparents are white settlers who farm the land.

I later moved to Saskatoon Saskatchewan where I attended the University of Saskatchewan. During my time in Saskatoon I met and married my husband. Shortly after, we decided to move to his home town, Prince Albert, where we still reside. It is here that we grew our family and planted roots into the community. We have two beautiful daughters, and a house full of animals: 4 cats, 1 dog and a horse to be exact!

10 years ago my husband and I opened a local coffee shop, which we still own and operate today. I have always had a passion for cooking, baking, and coffee. However as the years have passed, I have felt the desire to explore a new career path, a new purpose for my life. The decision to pursue this career change and go back to school at 37 with a full time business to maintain has had it’s challenges, but I am proud to be following my heart. I am excited to keep learning and growing and to elicit that learning and growing in others.