Throughout this semester, I have noticed a few different forms of diversity within the classroom that I have been assigned to learn with, some visible diversities and some non-visible. A lot of the students within this school, and my classroom specifically, come from drastically different homes, this gives each student their own set of beliefs and a unique educational understanding and background. There are non-visible forms of diversity within education that exist through knowledge, different abilities, and learning habits. Young students are often a result of different forms of family and aspects of their home life. Some students may have the opportunity to work on their classwork and review each subject while at home with people such as their guardians or siblings, others may not receive that extra educational support outside of the classroom.

I have found that both the school and the community work hard to run many different programs that support and include each and every student as well as community members. This is to ensure that each individual receives the same opportunities and is able to enjoy the same extra curricular activities no matter what diversities they may have. I have worked with and helped a lot of different students within my classroom this semester, each student facing different struggles and showing different strengths. Understanding those unique learning strategies, strengths, and weaknesses throughout each student is key to providing successful teaching practices. The grade five teacher that I have been learning from this semester has shown me many different ways to include each student, as well as many different educational strategies to use in order to effectively teach the classroom as a whole. Throughout the classes, students are often working in either partners, small groups, or as a whole class, most of the time these partners or groups are assigned by the teacher to ensure no student gets left out as well as to make sure that each partner can benefit and learn from one another. Providing consistently different teaching strategies throughout the classroom such as power point presentations, readings, lessons, student participation activities, etc., allows different students to understand each concept in their own way.

Image result for inclusive education quotes