Cats are direct relatives of dinosaurs

First off, I have no idea if cats are direct relatives of dinosaurs, I just thought it was a catchy title and it leads into how I love cats. I also love juggling, writing, and listening to hip-hop music, hanging with my partner and two children, and working with my hands(carpentry, and auto mechanics). My knowledge of the use and implementation of educational technology increased dramatically after my internship. In my grade 5/6 classroom, I was in, my coop teacher almost exclusively taught through her laptop projected on the whiteboard. At first, I thought it was lame and lazy, however, I soon realized it sucks writing all day on the whiteboard. So I utilized the projector and then would write over my projections to highlight things for my students. I also utilized Google Classroom in a myriad of ways, it is dope. I used it for differentiation, as I had one student in particular who couldn’t read and felt embarrassed by this fact. We zero EA support, so when it came time for tests or assignments I had created his own private Google classroom, and I could assign everything directly to him, where he could scan the assignment and his computer would read it to him. All of this happened seamlessly with out the other students ever realizing. The other tremendous bonus of Google Classroom is Google Docs when it came time to have my students write their first 5 paragraph essay. I truthfully think with out Google Docs, I would have left the teaching trade for ever during the process of teaching these students how to write an essay. First, I could only read about half of their actual printing. Second, even after I had taught MANY lessons, given a billion exemplars, etc, three quarters of them were missing key elements right from the title onwards. With Google Docs, I was able to go in real time and make comments for them to correct errors, this saved my teaching career. I am a non-blogger however, I am a pro Facebook ranter, I am unsure of the difference. Here is a link to my favorite flow artist that inspired me to become a contact juggler amongst other flow arts. This video starts slow but gets really go and features a personal hero of mine, Michael Motion, who is a celebrated mathematician, juggler and worked with one of my other heroes, David Bowie on his movie Labyrinth.

Multitasking juggling man

This entry was posted in EDTC 300. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Cats are direct relatives of dinosaurs

1. Chantelle Turner says:

Cody,
    You’re not wrong about your post title grabbing attention – I did stop to wonder for half a second if you might actually be serious about cats and dinosaurs. Haha!
    I also love cats. I have just one, but I would love to have more. Some day!
    I am a terrible juggler though. That skill is best left to others.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with Google Classroom. It is quite wonderful, isn’t it. It’s a very superior tool that is likely under-utilized in a lot of schools and classrooms.
    Ok, and Labyrinth – I wasn’t very old when that movie came out, but it is one of my FAVOURITES! Re-watching it again and again as I got older made me wonder how I was not terrified….of many things….
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/7f0259d98474ba708da3f68b820e9187/tumblr_nio3b9dZPl1tflwrzo1_500.gif