Bassline Blog Post

Yellow Les Paul guitar

The [now famous because of this blog] guitar.

If you don’t like puns, you have come to the wrong blog. My baseline for learning how to play guitar is basically zero. I can hold a very simple beat on a 5 piece drum kit and have arranged samples to make 1 hip-hop song(the vocals sounded horrendous). I have been recorded many times for hip-hop, and those vocals sounded much better, however, creative differences often led to those projects not coming fully to fruition. I purchased an Epiphone Les Paul for my daughter for Christmas three years ago, she never got into playing it. I would like to learn as I think it will help in my arrangements for hip-hop and it has been on my bucket list of learning for a looooong time. I have found a couple of apps that I am going to try, and got suggestions from musician friends on good starter YouTubers to watch. I plan to be regimented and practice every Wednesday evening from 7-8pm while my daughter is at Girl Guides.

This entry was posted in EDTC 300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Bassline Blog Post

1. Cheryl Bratton says:

Hi Kody,

I love how your humour comes through in your writing! It’s very ambitious to learn to play and I look forward to watching your journey!