Plucking the Strings

Though I have a strong singing voice, I’ve always desired to back it up by playing an instrument but the last thing on my mind was to pluck the Guitar strings. My mindset changed last year with a YouTube video of a girl plucking the strings and singing with so much relaxation and confidence. At that point, I could feel the music in my bones. I felt motivated to learn how to play the Guitar but never had an opportunity to do that. So, I decided to feed my eyes and ears with more Guitar string songs at my leisure. Now, with this opportunity to learn something new, I’ve decided to give Guitar playing my best shot.

In my guitar project, my main goal is to be able to play the “Happy Birthday Song” fluently in English, Spanish, and French while singing along as I intend to make it my classroom tradition to sing the “Happy Birthday Song” while playing the guitar for my future students on their birthdays.

How I’m getting started

I took the bold step of getting an acoustic guitar for this project.

My Acoustic Guitar

My Acoustic Guitar

To accomplish this goal, I would begin by learning the lyrics of the “Happy Birthday Song” in Spanish and French.

Happy Birthday lyrics in Spanish:

Cumpleaños feliz

Cumpleaños feliz

Te deseamos todos

Cumpleaños feliz

Happy Birthday lyrics in French:

Bonne fête à toi,

Bonne fête à toi

Bonne fête

Bonne fête

Bonne fête à toi.

Next, I plan to learn how best to hold the guitar, hold fingers down on the right strings, and learn the scales as well as learn how to transition between chords by exploring some online resources and apps.

It’s important to make sure the guitar is well-tuned before attempting to play. So, I’ll be using the Yousician Guitar Tuna app to tune my guitar.

Wish me luck as I embark on this learning journey of Plucking the Strings!

This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.