silhouette of mountain under cloudy sky
Photo by Elina Sazonova on Pexels.com

Mixed Feelings

As I mentioned last week, I can definitely see the potential benefit of yoga breathing strategies. However, I find that I get bored too quickly and then my mind starts to wander back to the things that stress me out. I think that a large part of this is because I can’t visualize things at all. I only realized last year that most people actually can visualize things. I thought phrases like “picture this” or “counting sheep” to fall asleep were just funny saying/expressions. I didn’t realize that people could actually do those things.

deep breaths

How to combat the boredom

Thanks to tiktok always listening and somehow always putting the perfect things on my “for you page” I came across an app called “Breathwrk” that offers visual aids for breathing exercises.

@breathwrk

Reply to @dina_x2008 #greenscreenvideo how is everyone doing today ? #breathing #fypシ

♬ ummmm – esh??‍♂️

Of course, the app’s description just perfectly aligns with my goals for breathing exercises. Tiktok knew exactly what they were doing showing me the app. The description on the app store goes as follows:

“Breathwrk guides you through quick and powerful breathing exercises that eliminate stress & anxiety, increase energy, improve endurance, and help you fall asleep. Learn and practice a variety of science-backed breathing methods that are guided by original music, vibrations, and visuals.”

Breathwrk

So, of course, I had to download the app and try it out because it sort of seemed like the perfect solution.

Trying out Breathwrk

I was very excited to jump in and try out the breathwrk app. Of course it wasn’t AS exciting as I was hoping because there is a bunch of in-app purchases and a “pro” version that you can get. So, the free options are very limited. That being said, I did still really enjoy the few free options that there are and there is a couple different visuals you can choose from which is very nice! Overall, I’d say it’s a win but I just wish everything was free (if only eh)!