Oops, I Knit it Again…

Oops, I Knit it Again…

This week I finally got back to my knitting adventures. I’m still continuing on with my dishcloth. My current motto is that “slow and steady wins the race”. Though this small dishcloth is taking me forever and a day to complete, I am focusing more on the process of learning the skill itself, discovering new resources, and just trying to enjoy myself rather than focusing on the end project.

I ran into another problem with my knitting project that I believe has happened to me before but was something I chose to ignore. On my dishcloth, in two spots there are holes where it is apparent that stitches should be. In my attempt to remedy the situation where I had accidentally dropped a stitch and chose to fix it rather than leave it, I stumbled across another online resource for both knitters and crocheters alike. This online resource called “Ravelry” is a space where you can find plenty of information. There are 3 major things that I appreciate about Ravelry.

1. Due to the sheer amount of uploads and posts, there is no shortage of information and inspiration. If you are looking for ideas for sweaters, seasonal knitting crafts, even steering wheel covers! I appreciate how users of this site can upload photos and other information about what projects they have done. This way you can search through and look at what others have created and decide if it is something that will work for you. 2. I appreciate how there is a forum section where you can ask questions to fellow knitters and crocheters about problems that may arise from your knitting. 3. You are able to search for differing types of yarn and different knitting patterns that will help you to create your project.

Overall, the site is incredibly user-friendly and the search bar allows you to specifically look for what you need without sifting through unwanted information. If you are looking for information, ideas, or help, this site offers everything in one place for you!