ECS 311 – Technology & Digital Resources

Throughout this past term and spending time in my grade two classroom, I have taken away and learned so much more about how important the use of technology is within the classroom in this day and age, not only for teachers, but also for student learning. Within my classroom, there are so many technological aspects all around us that we use everyday to support our learning as well as my teaching, which I will discuss in more depth below. As I continue my journey, I hope to learn even more about how I can make the best of the use of technology for my learners as well as my most effective teaching, as this is only the beginning!

Teacher and Student Technology/Resources I Have Experimented With & Learned About:

Teachers Pay Teachers – https://www.teacherspayteachers.com

This website was shared with me and my partner by my co-op, as she uses it quite frequently for not only lesson ideas, but also quick worksheets to keep the students busy, and creative activities that keep the kids learning and engaged! I have also spent some time exploring this website and I absolutely love that technology has offered us a way to share our lesson ideas with each other and also support each other financially!

Teacher Support Facebook Groups – https://www.facebook.com/groups/492805177411824/

This is another online resource that our co-op shared with us, as she frequently uses these facebook groups to share ideas with other teachers, have support and help in building ideas, and for many, many resources! I have now joined a Grade 2 Saskatchewan group, and the support is wonderful!

Use of Microphone in Classroom

In my classroom, we are grateful enough to have a speaker and teacher microphone system built into our room, which helps the teacher spread her voice louder and farther, as well as keep the students focused easier, as they seem to grasp the use of the microphone very well. This also helps since there are twenty six learners in our room, and when me and my partner are not there, there is only one teacher.

Use of iPads for Learning

Another fun way my teacher utilizes technology with the students is through the use of iPads for literature learning during Daily 5, where listening to reading is engaged in. The students seem to enjoy the visual virtual stories and I believe it is a wonderful use of technology.