Autobiographical Paper

Here is short paragraph on why I wanted to become a teacher.

As children we are often asked, “what do you want to be when you grow up?” Luckily enough for me, I knew from a young age that I wanted to be a teacher. I have had many influences in my life that have pushed me in the education direction including the schools I have attended, my horses and the sports I have been a part of. My horses are what led me to realizing that I wanted to be a teacher through caring for them as well as the activities I was involved in with them. When I started school I quickly realized that not all teachers are the same. I am a believer of the belief that teachers can make a large impact on a students life; positive or negative. I was fortunate enough to have some excellent teachers while growing up. In the school system, and eventually outside of school I was and still am heavily involved in the sport of curling. The factors of my upbringing, including my horses, past teachers, and curling have shaped me into the person I am today, and hopefully the teacher I will become.