Rocking On – Learning Project Week Four

This is my first week putting a video of myself playing the drums. I used Imovie to edit a video together. I will tell you about my experience using Imovie and its uses in the classroom. I included a youtube video of the finished project. Check it out below!

This week I focused on the song “We Will Rock You” by Queen. In the video, I included clips of myself playing as well as a clip from Beatsure (Where I learned from this week).

IMovie review

Since I have had a Macbook since my first year of university and have not used Imovie, I decided this was a great time to use it! Imovie is an apple created video maker that is specifically designed for Apple products. You are able to upload your own clips, as well as others. There are many options for title pages, backgrounds, and transitions. Since it is only available for apple products, it hinders the use of Imovie in schools because most schools will not have Macbooks for students to use. However, I found it very easy to upload clips and edit my video within Imovie. I believe that if students receive the opportunity to use Imovie that it will be easy to maneuver, but will need instruction to help guide them through all the options. I am not sure if this a tool I will use in my classroom, but I know that it worked awesome for my learning project!

Joke of the week:

What did the drummer call her two twin daughters?

Anna one, Anna two

Next Week

I learned something new this week and that is my drums are out of tune! I never knew that was a thing. Next week I will be filming the process of tuning my drums. So be sure to check it out!