About Me

Welcome to my blog! My name is Nicole Spalding and I am using this blog to story my own learning journey in becoming a high school science teacher. I grew up in a small town called Rouleau. Some of you might better recognise it by its stage name “Dog River”. Its only about 55km from Regina so I commute to the city for school. I am the bartender/waitress at Rouleau’s local Bar and Grill and it’s a job I love. I have a brother and a sister both younger than me and I grew up with both my parents at home. When I was a child, I spent any time off school in Estevan with my Grandma. Her and I were very close. Her and my Grandpa taught me everything they knew.  

I was enrolled at the University of Saskatchewan for my first year of University. I was interested in Agriculture and planned to acquire a 2-year Agronomy Diploma before starting my education degree. That was a difficult year for me and after much consideration I made the choice to discontinue that program and return home and take a year off school. I am back at it now and even though I had some bumps in my educational path, I am excited to be well on my way to becoming a teacher.

I am so happy to be back home with my friends and family. I have always been heavily involved in my small community. I am a member of my local library board, I coordinate events for my church and I love to drop in on dance classes and help backstage with the dance studio in which I was enrolled for most of my life. When I was in high school, I had the responsibility of planning and teaching Sunday School lessons on a regular basis. I am a very creative person and I spend lots of time at home in my kitchen and in my garden whenever I have free time.