For my digital identity I don’t feel that it has a very significant impact and it’s something I’ve been trying to work on and try to get better at, but it’s not necessarily something that has been going really well in terms of making it more positive. My Facebook and Instagram are both private so there’s not a lot you can really find neither do I really post anything on either of those accounts except for major life changes and things I really feel strongly that I should share and on top of that there’s not really anything to find. My Twitter however is more of a professional platform, for me I try to keep it as much towards education and teaching as I can so that I can build a bit of a network and that way I have it organized so that I can use Twitter for that and use my other social medias for my personal accounts.

So the only thing that is really public is my Twitter account and I’ve only had it since I started University and I’ve only used it for EDTC 300 (I have used it outside of EDTC but a very small amount) and sharing resources and keeping connected to other teachers and future teachers. I feel like if the impression people would get when they look at my Twitter account is that I’m not terribly active but when I am active I do a lot of Ed chats and sharing resources and that’s all I really do on Twitter so it’s kind of makes it difficult for people to get a really good sense of who I am as a person or as a teacher. I don’t like social media a lot, I use it sometimes but I don’t like using it all the time and I don’t like my whole life being on it so I try to keep off of it and it’s something I’m trying to work on is just like shifting it towards using it as a professional platform and using it for teaching resources and education resources. I do follow quite a few teachers on Facebook but that’s more to keep up with them personally not really for professional development.