My Life with Tech

January 28, 2024 2 By Sarah Miller

In an era dominated by technology, our daily routines are intricately woven into the fabric of digital tools and online platforms. From academic pursuits to leisurely scrolling through social media feeds, the role of technology in our lives is undeniable, especially mine. 

Technology has pretty much been there my whole life. I can’t remember when I WAS NOT able to look something up on the internet or be on that next IT social media platform.

Right now, I’d say that my websites and/or apps/platforms that I use often are Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, Google, Grammarly, sometimes FaceBook, and an app called ‘Tasty’ that is for cooking and baking! Right now, besides Grammarly and Google, I pretty much only use my tools for pleasure.

For things like staying organized, I just use my calendar app on my phone. Pretty basic. I would like to try out something else but every app usually requires you to pay for any good features.

I like to think that I’m not THAT addicted to my phone, but honestly, if I lost it I’d go crazy, haha. Most of my time is spent on Snapchat or TikTok. Everyone hates TikTok for its stupid things like dances or memes but I enjoy TikTok as it not only keeps me entertained but it also keeps me informed on things going on around the world, shows me cool hacks for different things, I find recipes and ways to do my hair. The list goes on. This is also a curse as well as a blessing as I do sometimes get lost in TikTok and will be on for hours sometimes. I have heard of people putting their TikTok on ‘time limits’ so you are not allowed to go on the app after a certain amount of time. I just can’t bring myself to do that.

With all this being said, I feel like I have a somewhat healthy relationship with technology as even though it is for my use, I do use tech for research purposes most of the time. Now that I have thought about it, though, maybe I will be more conscious of how much time I am spending a week on leisure time.