My Educational Philosophy

As a teacher, I feel very deeply that it is our duty and responsibility to provide our students with both the knowledge and the tools in order to find success in both education as well as life in the outside world. I also believe that, as future educators, we need to be open to changing our teaching styles based on our students. Not all students learn the same way. Some kids like to learn through doing questions on paper but there are many other students who don’t prefer this. We need to be able to adapt so we can unlock the student’s full potential. I plan to use visual, auditory, and kinaesthetic strategies in order to help my students to the best of their abilities. We should be providing our students with a safe environment where students feel comfortable to speak up and ask questions when they are unsure of something. Students as well as us teachers are not perfect, and we will all make mistakes. We need to embrace those mistakes and use them as a learning experience so we can all grow together. We must also work together in order to create equal opportunity for everyone who enters my classroom. No one will be discriminated against because of their age, race, ethnicity, gender or sexual identity. Sometimes, things happen that are out of our control, but we have the means and ability to change the outcome, we just have to go for it and do everything we can to help one another!

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” Nelson Mandela