I made a video for the learning project. Because I dream of becoming a video blogger, I pretend I am the one who is good at crayon painting in this video, actually, I am!
In the video, I share 7 tools in crayon paintings. There are two captions for the bilingual audiences because I am one of them and find the automated caption inaccurate.
Anyway, please enjoy!
There are 7 tools we need in crayon paintings. They are:
- Oil Pastels/Crayons
- Lighter/Hair dryer & Vaseline/Lip gel
- Sketch Paper & Painting Knives
- Optional tools: A mat/newspaper/glass surface & Masking tape
Here are oil pastels of different brands for you to choose from. I link each brand name to an Amazon item so you can click and buy! I will also list their characteristics.
- Pental Arts: the firmest/budget-friendly (50 sticks for $15.73).
- Mungyo Gallery Soft Oil: can apply to many surfaces/ small in size/ easier to blend than Pental Arts oil pastels/ 48 sticks for $35.48).
- Paul Ruben Oil Pastel: very creamy(I use this brand, highly recommended)/ do not need lighter to melt it/ 48 sticks for $39.98).
- The Sennelier Oil Pastel: creamy as lipsticks/ the most expensive (24 sticks for $65.41).
I learned the characteristics of Pental Arts, Mungyo Gallery Soft Oil, and The Sennelier Oil Pastel from this video↓：
Here are the buying links to other tools:
- Knives set
- Masking tape
What I am gonna do in the next project?
- show different colors in my crayon set
- introduce the foundational colors
Thank you for reading this post！❤
I would like to try this sometime.. I like the pictures you have used of the different tools, and also the links to amazon so that you can purchase the things you need without looking! 🙂
Woah this looks like so much fun! Never thought of painting with crayons before but now I think I am going to have to try it. Looking forward to what you will create:)
This is really cool! Good luck with your upcoming projects! can’t wait to see them!