About Me

Well, if you’re reading this you probably what to know who I am. My name is Alexandra, but I prefer Alex. (please don’t call me Alexandra, my parents don’t even call me that)

Okay, where do I even start?

I was born and raised in a small town, Dauphin, Manitoba. I am the baby of four children. My siblings are 6, 9, and 12 years older than me, and like to bug me that I was a mistake. Jokes on them, isn’t the baby of the family the most loved and spoiled? Suckers.

Anyways..

I’m in my third year of elementary education at the University of Regina. I am in the middle of a career change as I am currently a registered and practicing Primary Care Paramedic in rural Saskatchewan. After working EMS for quite a while now, I decided that although being a paramedic is a rewarding career, it’s not a career that I can do for the rest of my life. It is a very demanding job, physically and mentally. Especially during a global pandemic. With all that in mind, I decided I wanted to be a teacher. Before getting my PCP certificate, I worked 2 years as an educational assistant and loved it so that helped make my decision on what I wanted to do with my life after having a mid life crisis.

I love being active and spending my time outdoors with my dog Oscar! My all time favourite activity is snowboarding in the mountains. I am always down for an adventure and to try new things!

Check out my other platforms:

me in my happy place!