Floral Fun!

I had FUN this week! I turned to Pinterest for some creative inspiration and instruction for this weeks blog post and WOW to say I was overwhelmed with ideas would be an understatement. A quick search for “Hand Embroidered Flowers” brought on hours in the rabbit hole that is Pinterest.

There were so many resources that I couldn’t pick just one, so I didn’t! Making my choice on which tutorials to follow was strictly a “judge the book by the cover” kinda thing. I know, I know – that isn’t always the best approach but it seemed to be the only way I could manage the high volume without clicking through every link.

OK – so what did I learn and how did I learn it?

• Satin Flower – this tutorial was just a video uploaded to Pinterest, there were no external links to click. This video was easy to follow and only like 20 seconds!

Miss Kate Creations
  • Embroidery Rose – This one had a 3 step photo tutorial but there was also an external link… so of course I dug further. From the website there were more detailed photos and, buckle up because it is getting exciting, there were MORE flowers and leaf tutorials. Thank you, Miss Kate.
  • French Knot on a Stem Stitch Stem – Ok a continuation from the above resource. I selected the “Hand Embroidery” tab on from the menu and started my search to where I found a post “5 Unique Ways to Stitch Hand Embroidery Leaves”.
  • Satin Stitch – Yet another Miss Kate tutorial.
  • Fish Bone – Ok, I am getting repetitive but it isn’t my fault that Miss Kate ROCKS.

My Work

I stayed fairly conservative with my flowers today as I truly had no idea how detailed they could get! You can check out my flowers below. I am particularly proud of my rose with the fishbone leaves! The amount of reality TV show I watch while working on this is a combination of impressive and sad. As I start to become more comfortable with the stitches I have learnt I can really start this

Fun with Florals!

project will turn itself into a hobby and I am excited! It has been a great way to shut my brain off and, I can’t believe I am saying this, I find it relaxing!

What to Expect Next Week

Stay tuned for next week as I learn how to use the stitches I have learnt in lettering as well as maybe draw out a design as I am starting to realize I am not too good at free-handing!

Cheers!