Introduction to the Guitar

I have always been interested in the music of all different kinds. I started playing the piano at three years old and picked up the French Horn as my band instrument throughout middle and high school. Ever since I was little, one of the things I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. My mom taught herself how to play the guitar and always played it at church, with family, with friends, and even at school since she is a teacher.

I have seen her pull out her guitar to help entertain younger children and have seen how it works. I have always thought learning the guitar would be a good idea. The only issue was how exactly I was going to learn it. A couple of weeks ago, I told my mom of my plan to get a guitar and learn how to play. She thought it was a great idea and recommended I try to understand it on Youtube.

So my mom gave me one of her guitars and said I could have it. I sat down and tried to learn a few cords, and as of now, I know three chords pretty well. Those are G, D7, and C. When I looked through the class syllabus and saw that we needed to find something that we could learn online for the class, I thought playing guitar would be a great idea. I was planning on doing this either way, but now I have the motivation to continue and not give up when I have a difficult time.