Speak Now

This week I found a brand new app on my phone that was recommended to me by my mom. The app doubles as a website and is called Tabs. This app is extremely helpful, and the website works well too. The app provides you with different courses that you can take to learn and improve your guitar skills, whether you’re just starting or you want to learn something more complex. there are even options for playing different types of guitars as well. They even have lessons on basic music theory for people new to music.

The app has multiple tuners and a metronome and chord library that users can access.

The website has a vast song library that you can search from. I filtered my searches for songs with chords in the key of G for absolute beginners. That is where I found Taylor Swift’s Speak Now.

Once I had found a song, the website showed a few interesting things. First, the page showed me the difficulty, which was an absolute beginner. Then it gave me the key I was playing in and whether or not I needed a capo. Next, the [age showed me which chords were used in the song and how each chord was played. There was even an option for the Ukulele and Piano!

The website had a backing track if I wanted to hear what the song sounded like as I played, and it gave me examples of the different strumming patterns for the verse and chorus.

Finally, the page gave me the lyrics with the chords above, and I figured it out from there.

2 Replies to “Speak Now”

1. Hi Faith, thanks for sharing all of that information on the Tabs app/website. It sounds like it would be a very beneficial app for someone learning to play guitar. I also want to say thank you for sharing your video of you singing and playing the guitar. Great job!!

2. Jean-Paul Kamdem says: Reply

Hi Faith,
    The information you provided for this application is valuable for those who do not know how to play guitar like me. I can see that your speed in playing is slow, but I am assured that it will come with more practice. Thank you for sharing!