Journey Towards Reconciliation

Journey Towards Reconciliation

Lastly, my visual representation consists of a thought bubble of what I envisioned residential schools to be and my realization of the truth.  Along with my drawing, I decided to write a poem that really emphasizes things I have learned through this course. On the left side of my drawing is a regular school, with the sun out and displaying happiness, which ties to what I was taught residential schools were like. However, the right side is a broken-down school, with graves waiting on the outside. Along with, in the background, there is my poem which ties in many of the things I have learned throughout this course. People like Dr.Fatima and Joseph really opened my eyes to many issues involving Indigenous people which I felt the need to represent. I chose to do it through a poem since I have always enjoyed writing poems and helps me truly express myself. In conclusion, I have come to learn that we as future educators need to realize all the issues in our society and take the major steps towards reconciliation.