This week I finished my whale:
I ended up taking it apart and redoing it multiple times. I got halfway done and the pattern said to do a row of BLO (back loop only). I looked up what that was and realized I had been doing a BLO stitch the entire time! The first half of the whale, I really struggled with tension and missed lots of stitches. YOu can see the holes and wide gaps in the top of the whale:
Some things turned out really well! I think the tail is absolutely adorable (took three tries!). I adore the lopsided little fins hahaha. I struggled with some parts of the tale, including connecting the two fins together. There are also some missed stitches and gaps!
I think my decreases and closing stitches look really good. I’m quite proud of how that turned out.
In general, this whale very much improves as I go along, the stitching rows tell a story of my slowly improving.
Resources used: I used a mix of an online, written pattern, linked here, and various youtube videos.
I read through the pattern and anytime an instruction came up that I didn’t understand, I looked up a video on how to do it.
What I would like to do is make another whale with the exact same resource, but add in some colour changes. I would like to compare and contrast my first attempt with my second attempt.