Tying Up Loose Ends

Tying Up Loose Ends

Just when I thought I was done with my project I was slapped with the reality that I thought majorly wrong. I got to the last row of my project after it took me painfully long and

wondered, what exactly do I do now? That’s when I consulted trusty Google! One of the first results to pop up was a site called “Just to Sew“. Now, I’ll be honest, I was a bit skeptical about consulting a page for sewers about knitting waved off my apprehension and began to poke around. I honestly think that I stumbled onto a gem of a website for anyone who likes to do all things knitting, sewing, and quilting. The website itself states that it is a go-to place for the following:

1. Equipment and Tools
  2. Sewing Patterns
  3. Lessons from Experts
  4. Video Reviews for Products
  5. How-to’s and DIY
  6. Product Ratings

I used this specific article about how to “finish” knitting. This knitting article provided everything that I needed to know in order to be successful in finishing my project. 2 major things stood out to me as a user.

1. The QUANTITY and QUALITY of information that was provided to the user. The author of this article went into great detail about each specific step I needed to complete. Each step was bolded in the article and explained thoroughly and even included differing explanations for what knitting needles you were using. Though there was even more included in the article, I felt confident that I would be able to finish the project by following the information in the text.
  2. The amount of additional resources the article provided. For each step, there was at least a series of pictures, or a video, or even sometimes multiple videos that I was able to consult. This was extremely helpful in connecting what I had read in the article with a visual representation of what I needed to be doing. As a visual learner, this was very helpful.

This site as a whole makes me excited to continue my knitting journey and know that I have a great source to consult when I need information. Even if I decide to take a leap of faith and work on my sewing or take up quilting, I know where to go. The one thing that I did not like about the site was the amount of advertising. I found that sometimes the advertising would be distracting to me as a reader or I would accidentally click on something I shouldn’t. As a whole this would be my only critique. The information from this article is something I am going to continue to use to finally finish up my learning project. I am looking forward to possibly learning some newer skills and having the freedom to try new stitches and whatnot when this project is complete!