Planning For The Future

As next semester quickly approaches, it is now time to plan for what I still need to work on to become that teacher I want to be ten years down the road from now. I have come farther this semester than I ever believed I would, yet, there is still so far to go before I enter my pre-internship a year from now. Hopefully, with dedication to my plans and investment in that future teacher, I will be able to grow even more this upcoming semester!

This upcoming year I plan to become even more involved in my community and the teaching community of Regina than ever before, and begin to make even more connections than I did this semester. I plan to hopefully find a job that is more suited towards my future career than my current job is, since this will give me more experience and be a good way to meet more educators, such as a Before and After school program! I also plan to put more hours in at the playschool I spent time at this past semester for my ELNG 200 class, since the experiences I gained there with ESL learners was super helpful and relevant in our very multicultural society we live in today, and I would love to continue working through these experiences, so I have already contacted the owner of this playschool and asked to volunteer more in the upcoming months, which I am super excited for!