What Better Way to Wake Up Than With Yoga?

Photo By Me
“Easy Twist” Yoga Pose

This morning I decided to wake up and start my day off with yoga. For educational purposes, this week I decided to use FaceBook. FaceBook is probably one of the harder sources I’ve tried to use so far. It mostly kept directing me to yoga groups. I was able to find some groups in my area which was exciting! Once on FaceBook I found a page called Meditation Foundation. Under “yoga” there was this video: 10 Minute Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch. I found the video to be very helpful and one of the better videos I have watched so far. This video didn’t introduce me to any new poses but new variation of poses.

The “Easy Twist” yoga pose is not so easy after all! It requires lots of balance and I am actually quite proud of myself with how well I was able to hold the pose. I’m not sure I would have been able to at the beginning of my journey. So, yay me!

Last week I wrote about how I enjoyed the “Thread the Needle” pose. This week, I got to try the pose again, but with my one leg sticking out to the side. This made me use more balance, but I enjoyed the pose all the same.

It is hard to see in the picture, but in the “Side Stretch,” my left leg is crossed over my right, and my whole body to curved towards the right to stretch out my left side and vice versa for the right side. The pose is simple, but effective for a whole body stretch.

Photo By Me
“Side Stretch “

Photo By Me
“Variation of Threat the Needle”

This entry was posted in EDTC 300, Learning Project, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to What Better Way to Wake Up Than With Yoga?

1. Robyn Jones says:

I don’t do yoga in the morning, but I do pilates, which I just started this year… 6.00am five days a week and some arm weights. I hear Yoga is very relaxing, but I am pretty sure I could not bend that way… 😀

• Meghan LeCuyer says:

Wow! Good for you! I’m not sure if I would have the motivation to get up that early every morning to workout haha

2. kad563 says:

Hey Meghan,
    I also found doing yoga in the morning, is a great way to start your day. As its a great way to wake your body up! I also find the names of the yoga poses are funny and sometime does not relate to their pose, as it might say “easy” in the name but really it”s not. If you are looking for another place to find yoga, fitness+ on Apple has a bunch of good yoga videos to follow!