Get to Know Me!

Hi everyone! My name is Meghan Wright, I come from Estevan Saskatchewan, which is part of the unsurrendered land of Treaty 4. I am in my 3rd year of the Education program, and I am so excited for pre-internship to start! I think that it is important to mention in every introduction that I love reality tv, especially the Bachelor franchise, the sneak peek for the finale episode of the bachelorette is linked here. In case you don’t believe my pure commitment to this television masterpiece, The photo below is of my google doc where my sister and take notes on the episodes!

I think online classes have made me less scared of blogging. Whether it be a forum post or communicating over discord, covid helped us learn how to communicate in many different ways! However, I am extremely glad that lots of my classes are back in person. I am living in residence and I love the opportunity to spend time with my friends!

I have a few social media platforms, but this class will be my first time using Twitter. I am hesitant to create my blog on edusites because I do not know the platform and it’s tools, but I am excited to learn. If you would have asked me this summer, I would say I considered myself technologically literate, but I must say that these new sites have me feeling a bit overwhelmed.

3 thoughts on “Get to Know Me!

1. Hi Meghan! So cool that we have the same name and it is even spelled the same way. I went to a very small school growing up and there was no other “Meghan’s” until I transferred schools in grade 10 and met another Megan (her name is spelled without an “h”) and ironically enough, she is one of my best friends now. I also noticed that there are three Meghan’s in this class, and we all have the same spelling. So weird. Anyway, enough about our name.

I agree, that online classes have made me less scared of blogging. I did online last year and I had to write a ton of forum posts. It is sort of like blogging in a way. I am also not super familiar with twitter or this blogging function but I am sure I will be to gain skills as the semester goes on. Best of luck this semester!

2. Hi Meghan! Looks like you are having no difficulty blogging. I am not sure I am thrilled to be back on campus. With four kids, it was easier to do classes from home! Have a great term.