We Love Labeling

Hi everyone!

I played the piano this week! I grabbed some sticky notes, and I headed downstairs where we keep the pianos. When I sat down, I found a picture of all the 88 keys on the piano labeled with their corresponding letters.

https://enthu.com/blog/piano/how-to-label-piano-keys/

After I wrote down all the notes, a friend of mine told me that I should learn how to do the C major scale. At first, I was very confused because I thought the scales were simply just moving up the keys A,B,C,D,E,F,G but then I found the video linked here, showing the fingers you are meant to use for each note. I ended up putting sticky notes on each of my fingers to remind me which one was meant to play with which note. The specific finger placement is something that I didn’t think about, however, it makes sense that when one if I play the notes with the proper fingers now it will be easier to play more difficult songs down the line. Although it took some time for my fingers to become comfortable moving in this way, once I got the hang of it, I was off to the races.  Here are some images of my progress

My labeled piano keys!

The orange is different because that is “middle C”

I even chose to play a few songs, if you want to check out my first try at the piano video it is linked here.

Thanks for reading, you’re a gem ?

One thought on “We Love Labeling

1. Just like that and you’re playing songs! Sounds like labelling is a crucial first step. Looking forward to next week’s task!