Project post #5,

Another week, another blog. It has been a super busy 2 weeks, and I haven’t spent much time in the lab. A group of nerds and myself went travelling around Canada to play a competitive boardgame, so I have been couch surfing and staying at AirBNBs. While on the road I was inspired for a few projects to try, and here is the updates.

Firstly, it is pride month so I 3D printed am alternative torso for a plastic model that I won at one of the tournaments so I could paint it as an entry for the next model contest.

Now on to the meat of the blog. This part will only make sense if I share some exposition and context beforehand. My group of friends play a massive board game called Warhammer40K. The universe is massive, the lore is literally unending, and the hobby consists of endless possibilities. During the trip my friend and I got talking about a certain faction in the universe, and they are called the World Eaters. Needless to say, they are the bad guys.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/World_Eaters
Angron (hahah I know, real creative), Source: Games Workshop

I mentioned I was focusing on 3D printing for this course, and that it would be cool to make a fully custom set of miniatures with the printer. That was they would be unique, and more importantly save about $1000 to build and paint. I documented the printing of the test models so I could show you guys the process of using a printer, work on my phobia of my own voice on recordings, and gift the miniature to him as a tease of things to come!

10 minute tutorial of the printing of a test miniature

I will keep you posted, and give you an unneccissary update sometime during the week when I am done painting him!