All About Me and My Education Journey

This is me!

Hi! My name is Sara and I am a new teacher just starting off my career in Saskatchewan.

I convocated from the U of R in December 2020 with a Bachelor’s of Education Degree majoring in elementary education. From there, I was fortunate enough to begin my career with a one-year temporary contract teaching kindergarten in a rural community in the Prairie Valley School Division. I absolutely loved teaching kindergarten and learned so much about myself and my teaching style in my first year of teaching. I was fortunate enough to have two different classes full of amazing little kiddos during my contract and work with some wonderful educators. After my contract was up this past December, I have been working as a substitute teaching in Regina Public Schools, Prairie Valley School Division, and occasionally Prairie Sky School which is a private school here in Regina. During my time as a sub I have been able to work at many different schools in a variety of classes which has been a wonderful experience thus far. Now, I am taking classes towards my Inclusive Education Certificate to further my education and hope to finish this certificate within the the next few years.

My first day on my contract, January 2020
My second first day of kindergarten, September 2021

When I am not teaching, I am often visiting with friends and family or enjoying the outdoors. I have two small dogs that love walks and hope to travel more in the future. During the summer I work part time at the University of Regina’s Summer Sports School children’s camp and part time serving at the Royal Regina Golf Course.

I am not very familiar, or comfortable, with blogging. I have a small amount of experience with blogging and word press from a previous university class, but I still am not very comfortable with it. I am interested to see if I become comfortable with this online concept by the end of our six week class. I hope to become for “tech savvy” by the end of this course and incorporate some of my new knowledge into my teaching career. I have not used Twitter since French class in grade 11 so getting back on it will be something new for me. Here is a link to my Twitter handle.