A Few More Stitches

As we are coming close to the end of the spring semester and EDTC 300, I am starting to wrap up my learning project. I had made so much progress and am feeling more comfortable in my cross stitching abilities but I still have a ways to go. I saved the coloured yarn for my last steps as I needed to complete my outline before adding the background detail, and this detail is not complex whatsoever, but it is time consuming.

Doesn’t look like too much but I worked through 2 episode of The Peaky Blinders!

I decided to work in sections for the light pink and orange areas of my background. I have found that since the stitches I make are so small, it is very easy to lose track where you are according to the pattern and it is vert difficult to count out the stitches. The pattern is separated into grids so I decided to stitch according to those in order to follow along easier. So, instead of stitching up and down, or side to side, I stitch according to the grids. This way is also easier to tie off my yarn as I run out of it and start out a new piece in a good section.

While I was cooking supper tonight, I was using a recipe off of Pinterest and I thought, “Why haven’t I looked on cross stitching on Pinterest yet?” Pinterest is one of my favourite websites ever. I use it for recipe ideas, teaching ideas, and when I decided to #treatmyself and get my nails done, I look for nail design inspiration. I finally decided to search up just “cross stitching” on Pinterest and couldn’t believe the results. I found tips and tricks, links to free patterns, different designs, different techniques for stitching, and so much more. I can not get enough of Pinterest as a resource and recommend it to any and everyone.

3 thoughts on “A Few More Stitches

1. This is so cool I’ve always wanted to learn how to embroider! Pinterest is a great place when looking for creative ideas.

2. This is absolutely beautiful Sara! I am glad you discovered the use of Pinterest to aid in your cross stitching! Pinterest was great for providing myself with ideas for the remainder of my project.

3. Hi Sara,
    You made so much progress on your cross stitching and it looks great! To keep track of where I am when I stitch I will highlight on the pattern the areas I have already completed. It’s not a perfect solution but it has made it a bit easier for me, though every once in a while I still have to pull out stitches.
    I hope you get the chance to finish your piece. It has been fun following your project thank-you for all the great posts!