Into to My Learning Project

For my learning project, I have decided to learn embroidery/cross stitching. My inspiration for this project was a gift I made for my partner for Christmas. My partner, David moved to Canada from Ireland with his family in 2014 and I wanted to make his a personalized gift for him.

I decided to stitch the island of Ireland into a painted canvas. This was my first time experimenting with embroidery, and I was actually very pleased with the results.

For my learning project I want to continue to learn and improve these skills. I went shopping to see if I could find any materials I could use for this project. At Winners, I actually found a beginners cross stitching kit.

This kit comes with all the supplies I need to complete this project. It even comes with an online component which fits perfectly with this courses objectives. A QR code is included in this kits instructions for easier learning for beginners!

My learning project plan is to begin with this cross-stitch beginner’s kit using the tutorial videos included in the instructions. Since this is my first experience with this kind of cross stitching, I feel like I will need additional support. I plan to use YouTube videos to help me during my learning for this project. I found a YouTube video for beginners who are starting their cross stitching journey. Once I complete this project, I plan to complete another beginner cross stitch pattern. Once I am comfortable with this type of cross stitching, I plan to create my own cross stitch/embroidery pattern just like the one I made for David.