My Journey to Becoming a Teacher

Nostalgia

We are well into the semester of EDTC300, my twitter feed is alive and doing well as I read others posts, share my own, and grow my online persona. I always thought I knew how to use twitter “good enough” however, I was shown some new thing in last weeks class that have enriched my experience, who can see tagged posts, different people to follow, and how to properly utilize hashtags has been beneficial. As things continue to evolve and technology is further used in the classroom I feel its my obligation to evolve and find new innovative ways to incorporate technology into my future classroom. We are long past the days of TV’s and VCR’s on a wheelie cart following by a couple desktop computers along the side of the classroom (if you should be so lucky). For those of you who don’t know what a VCR is, check it out, its pretty cool!

The symbol that today was going to be a good day

1. Joshua Caburao

Great post! VCR’s are the best way to watch Disney classics.

2. Lauren Carlson

Yep! You always knew it was going to be a good day when the teacher rolled that TV into the classroom! Sounds like you’re getting a lot out of the classes which is awesome. It’s also great to hear that you’re open to evolving along with technology. I’m assuming you’re a fellow millenial which means we’ve seen technology come a LONG way since we were kids. Always good to be open to change. It’s gonna happen whether we buy into it or not.

3. Ashlyn Helmeczi

Thanks for sharing Byron!
    I have had twitter for several years, but never really used it much nor knew much about it, but I can agree with you that I have learned a lot about twitter and been much more active on it. Did you realize twitter was so popular in the education world?
    I totally remember the TV and VCR on the cart and it was the best day ever when the teacher brought it into the classroom because we knew we were going to be watching a video or movie.