Twitter for Teaching

Twitter for Teaching

For EDTC 300 I have started using Twitter! So far I have been posting educational articles, responding to peers, and I participated in the Sask Ed Chat. In one week, I have already read many interesting articles about improving class room management, technology, organization, and more! Interacting with my classmates online has made me feel more connected to others. Because of remote learning last semester, I had little interaction with my classmates which left me feeling isolated. Twitter has given my classmates and I the opportunity to interact and build a positive learning community. Using Twitter has made me realize the value it has, as educators can share articles, learning experiences, and ideas. I am relatively new to the Faculty of Education and using Twitter as a teaching tool has helped me think about how I want to approach teaching. While on Twitter I have read tips and experiences that current teachers have shared. An example of this, is one of my classmates shared an article about a current teachers tips on organization. As someone who needs to improve his organization, this was very useful to me. Another positive Twitter experience I have gained, was participating in Sask Ed Chat. During this event I was able to answer questions and read other people’s responses. I was able to meet educators from all over the province, with varying levels of experience, and learn from them. Being able to hear from people who are already teaching and have valuable experience to share, was something I really appreciated. I feel that interactions on Twitter like this can help me develop my thoughts and ideas as a teacher. So far my experiences on Twitter have been nothing but positive. I have read so many interesting and eye opening articles on how to be a positive person in the classroom. At first I was a bit nervous about using Twitter, because sometimes there can be negativity on the platform. I am glad to report that in the education circles I have found myself in, people are very accepting and positive.

My Twitter Profile

Credit for cover photo: Brett Jordan via Pexels