Press "Enter" to skip to content

Seeds for the Future

“What is your Teaching Philosophy? .. This continues to change and grow as I grow. Our students start as seeds when they begin attending school. I am proud to be planting these seeds as we watch them grow. With the proper nurturance, care and guidance, we will see our seeds (students) grow just like we would plant seeds. As these seeds (students) increase, the roots sink deeper, allowing leaves or blooms to begin. As an educator, I see these changes in our seeds as success and growth.

We are all unique and individual, needing the same level of nurturance, care and guidance to grow and be successful. By recognizing the individual needs of my students and how I am best suited to support their needs, I can give the fertilizer my students deserve. Different nurturance, care, guidance and fertilizer may be needed in other places with our seeds and trees growing at different speeds just like our students do.

“What happens when you come across a bad teacher?”. Unfortunately, we all experience a terrible teacher at some point in our schooling. These teachers may cut down branches but never kill the growing seed. I say this because we can strengthen those seeds and trees with the proper nurturance, care, guidance, and fertilizer from other teachers. Our seeds (Students) may even need to be dug out of the soil and transplanted; with more diligent nurturance, care and guidance, we can see the growth begin again.

Teachers are known for their love of apples, so my philosophy is straightforward. My students are my apple seeds; as they grow, I am rewarded with seeing them produce apples as we see their success.