December 08

today was our last class! while I did enjoy this class I am happy to have a bit of a break from all this school work!

It’s been hard trying to find time to go to my special place but I did manage to get a couple of minutes there and drink my hot chocolate. I sat and reflected over all the past weeks and how much the environment has changed. It’s surprising when you get so busy you don’t really realize how much time has passed. So it’s nice to look back and reflect on the time that has passed

Today we broke out and talked about People of the Seventh Fire. This was an interesting read and to me, it resembled the people of maple town reading we did awhile back. it’s about realizing the mark that you’re living on the land, it can be destructive or one who wants to preserve the land. I of course want to try my best and preserve the land, we only have one planet and its slowly dying. that being said I truly don’t think we will be able to save it, massive corporations have sunk their roots deep and will be near impossible to topple over. We would need systemic reform and I just don’t see that happing in my life without some kind of revolt. It was interesting to see the different ways that they view fire, for example, a fire for a ceremony would be different than one used to roast marshmallows

I believe I will be a lifelong environmental advocate; I will always try my best, and do what I can to help the environment.