Who am I?

My full name is Sarah Dawn Stroeder, and I am a highly enthusiastic individual that finds joy in the little things in life!

I am currently in my final semester of university, completing a Bachelor of Education degree at the University of Regina. I am incredibly excited about this new chapter of life I am about to enter; I will soon offically be a teacher! My dream is to teach high school mathematics, but I am open to whatever opportunities may come my way. 

I currently work as a server at the Canadian Brewhouse. I really enjoy that my job keeps me on my toes and allows me to interact with people all day long. I am an extroverted person and talking with others is my favourite thing to do. Serving requires strong multitasking, organization, and social skills, which will definitely benefit me in my future career as a teacher.

I am an adventurous person that loves the outdoors. I grew up camping with my family, and it is something I still love to this day. I enjoy all kinds of camping, everything from camping in a trailer at Regina Beach, to tenting in the middle of nowhere, to camping out at Craven Country Thunder. I have even been fortunate enough to attend an international Girl Guide camp in British Columbia, which was an unforgettable experience!

Family

I live with my parents and my little puppy named Rider. I am lucky to have four grandparents, as well as a number of aunts and uncles. Oddly, I do not have any cousins, so growing up I was always the only child at family events and holiday celebrations. I may have a small family, but I believe this only makes us closer. Spending time with the adults in my family taught me maturity, and allowed me to gain strong conversation skills at a young age. As I have gotten older, I have come to greater appreciate my family and all the opportunities they have provided me, which I will forever be grateful for.

Goals

Although I sometimes fail, I aspire to always maintain an optimistic attitude and cheerful disposition. My ultimate goal in life is to create happiness and help others every single day. This majorly influenced my decision to become a teacher. As a teacher, I will constantly be working alongside others, whether that be students or coworkers. I hope to support my future students in reaching their academic goals, provide them with a safe space where they feel at home, and help them to create meaningful connections within the classroom. Some of my other goals in life include completing the University of Regina’s certificate in Inclusive Education, adopting a rescue animal, learning how to throw pottery, buying a house, and taking my parents on a vacation.

My Autobiography