My Teaching Philosophy

I believe education requires connection, and relationships come first. Not only do I need to get to know my students on a personal level, but I also want my students to get to know one another. There is so much joy and comfort in a classroom full of friendships. 

I believe that every student is uniquely valuable, each student learns differently, and success looks different for everyone. I know that accommodating to students’ individual needs is the best way to ensure their success, and I will always embrace the different types of diversity in my classroom.

I believe education should be engaging and that learning should be exciting. I encourage students to engage in discussion, exploration, and discovery. Allowing students to discover new concepts for themselves will help them develop a much deeper and longer-lasting understanding of the curricular content. I believe students’ creativity and individual expression should be encouraged in all subject areas.

I will always strive to create a positive classroom environment where every single student feels safe to share their ideas and make mistakes. Mistakes are the best learning opportunities, so I encourage my students to embrace their mistakes. This means my students will have the opportunity to demonsrate their learning and understaning more than just one time. 

I believe in inclusive education. I believe inclusivity can improve every student’s learning experience and help create connections within the classroom and school community as a whole.

I believe I have a lot to learn from my students, and that every student should be given the opportunity to be treated as an expert. Teaching is the highest level of learning, so I believe students should be provided the opportunity to teach and learn from their peers.

As a teacher, above all else, I believe it is my job to demonstrate love and care for every single one of my students and provide them with the support they need to learn and succeed.

Ms. Stroeder