Navigating the Threads of Learning

I now wanted to try some more fonts and materials.

Through the Facebook group I mentioned before, most people mentioned they use a software called Embrilliance. I did some research and found there is a free version of this software so I downloaded it. However, when I opened it, I had NO IDEA how to use it. Even their website looked a little outdated and hard to follow. But I dialled in and read the instructions from the website.

I purchased some fonts from Etsy and did some tappy happy clicks to learn how to transfer those purchases to Embrilliance. I’m sure I could have looked up how to do it exactly and much quicker, instead, I just tried a couple times by trial and error. I knew I had to save my design from the software to a USB then put that USB into my embroidery machine. Thankfully I had one of those sitting around at home!

I found out that the new colour of thread I bought was not the right ‘weight’ and was not working when I tried one of my bought fonts on the machine. And I found this out by asking in my Facebook group on why my thread was breaking!

Happy stitching!

3 thoughts on “Navigating the Threads of Learning

1. Hi Jordyn,
    Thanks for sharing some honest reviews about Embrilliance & the Brothers Machine. To find a good pick out of multiple digital resources is hard. I consider myself the beginner, and like to stick with one of the easier ones to navigate through. It was interesting to read about your reviews and future goals; impressive!
    Uzma