Stitchin’ Stories

As I have mentioned, my baseline started at the bottom, BUT, I finally opened the box and set up my machine!

However, as I took out the three (overwhelmed already that there was three!) instruction books, I didn’t jump in right away.

First thing I had to do, was find some material to do some trials on. I’m a competitive cheerleader and thought I would try to put my name on my backpack first. They all look alike, so why not make it easier to find my own by labeling it! Looking back, that was quite the ambitious first project, but it was my own backpack, so if I screwed it up, I didn’t wreck another else’s belongings.

From my brief knowledge learned through my first Facebook group I joined, I knew I also needed a stabilizer material to go on the back side. So I ordered some online through Amazon. Later to find out it wasn’t the right kind and I would further need to go buy a spare adhesive as well. Quickly realizing this hobby is going to be an expensive one. Whoopsie! 

As this was just a trial, I just used the fonts that are preloaded on the machine.

Put my backpack in the frame, inputted my own name in the machine, and figured out how to get it to start embroidering by trial and error pushing a couple buttons!

I got lucky! 

My first attempt worked out quite good and even centred on the bag!

Happy stitching!

5 thoughts on “Stitchin’ Stories

1. Jordyn,

Starter project gone professional? Your backpack looks AMAZING!!! What is this magical embroidering machine? I, too, would be overwhelmed by the three instruction books. However, you absolutely killed it. To add, I think that it is amazing that you reached out and joined a good, informative Facebook group where you can learn and/or ask questions if need. Keep up the amazing work… and keep your inbox open for future inquiries – haha!

Have an amazing break,
    Emma

2. I am surprised to see your backpack work done, it doesn’t look like you tried for the first time. It’s amazing! That Brother Machine Embroidery looks like fun. If you can understand how does it work, it would be greatto create your own brand. I would love to see more about your next projects. Enjoy your fun journey!
    Uzma

3. For your first time that looks amazing! I can fully appreciate how this would easily be overwhelming and give you credit for not giving up, I definitely would have. Can’t wait to see what else you create.

1. Thanks so much Cheryl! I got very lucky with that first attempt! I definitely learned a lot along the way and really did want to give up at times. But, I persevered and make it through the end of the semester and made some awesome things!